The Feathered Nest Country Inn
Nether Westcote, Chipping Norton, OX7 6SD,
England, United Kingdom
The village is tiny, the view is fantastic, the bar is lively, the rooms are a treat. This 300-year-old malthouse has had a facelift and now shines. Interiors mix all the old originals – stone walls, timber frames, beamed ceilings, open fires – with a contemporary, rustic style. The net result is an extremely attractive country inn, one of the best in the south. Downstairs, one room flows into another. You get beautiful bay windows, roaring fires, saddled bar stools, green leather armchairs and, everywhere, something lovely to catch the eye, including the view – the best in the Cotswolds. There are beds of lavender, swathes of lawn, a vegetable garden that serves the kitchen, and sublime food: Old Spot terrine, Fairford chicken, rhubarb and champagne jelly.
- Wheelchair access
- Wheelchair access to some public rooms and to wc's.
- Handpumped ales
- Pub serves four or more handpumped ales.
- Children welcome
- Children of all ages welcome in some public rooms (highchairs not necessarily available).
- Wireless internet access available in the bar.
- Dogs welcome
- Dogs welcome in some public rooms.
- Vegetarian meals
- Good vegetarian options on the menu.
- Wine list
- Pub serves eight or more wines by the glass.
Have you visited The Feathered Nest Country Inn?Tell us your thoughts.
Lunch & dinner £6.50-£30. Not Sunday eve.
Monday (except bank hols).
Nether Westcote, Chipping Norton, OX7 6SD, Oxfordshire
The Feathered Nest Country Inn is also a Special Place to Stay
- 4 Doubles
Price from £180