The White Hart - Pub in Oxfordshire
Main Road, Fyfield, Abingdon, OX13 5LW,
England, United Kingdom
Stone mullioned windows, huge oak timbers and a magnificent arch-braced roof form a historic backdrop for oak settles, wrought-iron candle holders, white linen napkins and delicious food cooked by Mark. The menu is modern, British and changes from day to day depending upon what is fresh, in season and from the restaurant's brimming kitchen garden that grows purple Shiraz mange tout, courgettes, fine beans, beetroot, Chantennay carrots, Swiss chard, cherries and more. There's scallops, black pudding beignet and piccalilli sauce; venison haunch and cottage pie with creamed cabbage and girolles; buttermilk panna cotta, caramelised orange and honeycomb crumble. Suppliers are mostly local and mentioned on the menu so you can see where everything's from. Enjoy four real ales and Cheddar valley cider, served by friendly staff who are capable and knowledgeable.
- Children welcome
- Children of all ages welcome in some public rooms (highchairs not necessarily available).
- Wireless internet access available in the bar.
- Public transport
- Within 2 miles of a bus/train station.
- Vegetarian meals
- Good vegetarian options on the menu.
- Licensed premises
- Alcohol may be served.
- Handpumped ales
- Pub serves four or more handpumped ales.
- Wine list
- Pub serves eight or more wines by the glass.
Local points of interest from Mark & Kay Chandler:
Local points of interest from
Mark & Kay Chandler:
- Millets Farm - 50 acres of pick-your-own crops, farm shop, garden centre, trout fishing, farm zoo and play area. Famous maize maze from July to September.
- Abingdon Museum - Abingdon is considered to be the oldest town in Britain. The museum collection reflects its long history and includes archaeological finds from Prehistoric, Roman and Anglo Saxon times.
- OxfordDaily walking trips of Oxford and the colleges with experienced guides.Open top bus trips of the City.Visit museums, including the world renowned Ashmolean.
- Botanical Gardens and Christ Church Meadow.Magdalen College deer park.Punting on the River Thames and Cherwell.
- The Oxford Story in Broad street.
- Blenheim Palace at Woodstock and Sir Winston Churchill's burial place at Bladon.
The White Hart is also a Special Place to Eat & Drink
Lunch £13-£20. Bar meals £6-£20. Dinner £13-£20. Sunday lunch, 3 courses, £26. Not Sunday eve.
3pm-5.30pm & Mon all day (except bank hols). Open all day Sat & Sun.
Main Road, Fyfield, Abingdon, OX13 5LW, Oxfordshire
Places to Stay Nearby