The Crown at Woodbridge - Pub in Suffolk
Thoroughfare, Woodbridge, IP12 1AD,
England, United Kingdom
Everyone loves Woodbridge's Crown, from its pastel façade to its cool laid-back interiors and humorous touches: beneath a sloping glass roof an immaculate wooden skiff is suspended. Welcome to a 400-year-old pub with great food, a long granite-topped bar and a cosmopolitan air. In intimate dining rooms, chef-patron Stephen David's menu trawls Europe for inspiration and draws as much as it can on Suffolk's natural larder. Look forward to hearty dishes full of flavour and some amazing taste combinations: lamb sweetbreads with celeriac purée and minted apple crème fraîche; chilli fried squid, spaghetti, lime tomato dressing and spinach; Pimm's jelly. Wash it all down with Adnams or Meantime beers or delve into the impressive list of wines. As for the staff, nothing is too much trouble for them. A welcoming Suffolk bolthole – unmissable!
- Wheelchair access
- Wheelchair access to some public rooms and to wc's.
- Children welcome
- Children of all ages welcome in some public rooms (highchairs not necessarily available).
- Wireless internet access available in the bar.
- Vegetarian meals
- Good vegetarian options on the menu.
- Licensed premises
- Alcohol may be served.
- Dogs welcome
- Dogs welcome in some public rooms.
- Handpumped ales
- Pub serves four or more handpumped ales.
- Wine list
- Pub serves eight or more wines by the glass.
Local points of interest from
- Woodbridge is a delightful market town situated by the River Deben in South Suffolk. With a rich boating tradition, it is also home to a Grade I listed white washed Tide Mill, the oldest of its kind in the country, dating back to 1170.
- The Deben itself rises in the Suffolk village of Debenham and passes through on the way to the North Sea at Felixstowe. It is home to many yacht clubs and provides the perfect setting for enjoying the great British countryside.
- Just a short trip across the river is the famous Anglo-Saxon burial site, Sutton Hoo. An important archaeological site, the museum's interactive exhibits packed with treasure and artefacts make it a popular tourist destination throughout the year.
- There is great pride in our local golfing tradition and in the excellent courses we have dotted about on sandy dunes, lush parkland and open countryside. Why not combine a foodie break at The Crown with a round or two of 18 holes?
- Back in the town centre, Woodbridge's main high street, The Thoroughfare has all the café culture and retail scene of an affluent and thriving town. Make sure you visit the wonderful biweekly farmers market if you're in the area.
- At the southern end of The Thoroughfare, you'll find us; a relaxing retreat after a day of sightseeing and retail therapy. See you soon!
Have you visited The Crown at Woodbridge?Tell us your thoughts.
Lunch & dinner £6-£30. Sunday lunch from £12.50.
Open all day.
Thoroughfare, Woodbridge, IP12 1AD, Suffolk
The Crown at Woodbridge is also a Special Place to Stay
- 8 Twin/doubles
- 2 Family rooms for 4
Price from £120