The Westleton Crown - Pub in Suffolk
The Street, Westleton, Saxmundham, IP17 3AD,
England, United Kingdom
One of England's oldest coaching inns, with 800 years of continuous service under its belt, in a village two miles from the sea. Aldeburgh and Southwold are close, Minsmere is a walk away. Inside, Farrow & Ball colours and leather sofas join panelled walls, stripped floors, ancient beams and spindle-back chairs. Weave around and find nooks and crannies in which to hide, flames flickering in open fires, a huge map on the wall for walkers. You can eat wherever you want – including the restaurant that opens onto charming terraced gardens and tasty barbecues. Enjoy marsh-fed sirloin of beef with hand-cut chips, pan-fried halibut with clementine butter sauce, blackberry crème brûlée... the fish comes off the boats at Lowestoft, and the fish and chips are fabulous.
- Wheelchair access
- Wheelchair access to some public rooms and to wc's.
- Handpumped ales
- Pub serves four or more handpumped ales.
- Children welcome
- Children of all ages welcome in some public rooms (highchairs not necessarily available).
- Wireless internet access available in the bar.
- Dogs welcome
- Dogs welcome in some public rooms.
- Public transport
- Within 2 miles of a bus/train station.
- Vegetarian meals
- Good vegetarian options on the menu.
- Wine list
- Pub serves eight or more wines by the glass.
Have you visited The Westleton Crown?Tell us your thoughts.
Lunch & bar meals from £5.50. Dinner from £11.95. Sunday lunch £26.
Open all day.
The Street, Westleton, Saxmundham, IP17 3AD, Suffolk
The Westleton Crown is also a Special Place to Stay
- 26 Doubles
- 2 Twins
- And more...
Price from £95