The Earl of March
Lavant, Chichester, PO18 0BQ,
England, United Kingdom
Having been taken over by ex-Ritz chef Giles Thompson, this is one snappy performer. It's a clean-lined, fashionable space with a cosmopolitan vibe: modern leather seating in the bar area, high-backed suede chairs in the dining room, and sepia prints of racing cars and aircraft on the walls. Bolstered by specials, the up-tempo dining roster delivers game in season and wonderful fresh seafood. On the summer Champagne & Seafood menu are dressed Selsey crab salad, king prawns with mayonnaise, whole smoked mackerel with saffron rouille. There's a bar and terrace menu, too (Sussex ham and eggs, beer-battered haddock) and great South Downs views from terrace and the dining area. Faultless service, gorgeous food, and it's child friendly.
- Wheelchair access
- Wheelchair access to some public rooms and to wc's.
- Handpumped ales
- Pub serves four or more handpumped ales.
- Children welcome
- Children of all ages welcome in some public rooms (highchairs not necessarily available).
- Wireless internet access available in the bar.
- Dogs welcome
- Dogs welcome in some public rooms.
- Wine list
- Pub serves eight or more wines by the glass.
Have you visited The Earl of March?Tell us your thoughts.
Lunch from £12.50. Bar meals from £10.50. Dinner from £18.50. Sunday lunch, 3 courses, £21.50.
Open all day.
Lavant, Chichester, PO18 0BQ, Sussex