The Griffin Inn - Pub in Sussex
Fletching, Uckfield, TN22 3SS,
England, United Kingdom
A proper inn, one of the best, a community local that draws a well-heeled and devoted crowd. The occasional touch of scruffiness makes it almost perfect; fancy designers need not apply. The Pullan family run it with huge passion. You get cosy open fires, 400-year-old beams, oak panelling, settles, red carpets, prints on the walls... it's aged well. There's a lively bar, a small club room for racing on Saturdays and two cricket teams play in summer. Smart menus based on the finest seasonal produce include fresh fish from Rye and Fletching lamb; both food and beers are as local as can be. There's a wood oven on the terrace and, on summer Sundays, a spit-roast barbecue – accompanied by ten-mile views stretching across Sheffield Park to the South Downs.
- Wheelchair access
- Wheelchair access to some public rooms and to wc's.
- Handpumped ales
- Pub serves four or more handpumped ales.
- Children welcome
- Children of all ages welcome in some public rooms (highchairs not necessarily available).
- Wireless internet access available in the bar.
- Dogs welcome
- Dogs welcome in some public rooms.
- Vegetarian meals
- Good vegetarian options on the menu.
- Wine list
- Pub serves eight or more wines by the glass.
The Griffin Inn is also a Special Place to Eat & Drink
Bar meals from £11. Dinner, 3 courses, £30-£40. Not 1st Jan eve.
Open all day.
Fletching, Uckfield, TN22 3SS, Sussex
The Griffin Inn is also a Special Place to Stay
- 6 Doubles
- , 7 Four-posters
Price from £85
Places to Stay Nearby