The Royal Oak Inn - Pub in Sussex
Pook Lane, East Lavant, Chichester, PO18 0AX,
England, United Kingdom
There's a cheery wine-bar feel to the Royal Oak; locals and young professionals come with their children and it's as countrified as can be. Inside, a modern-rustic look with traditional touches prevails: stripped floors, exposed brickwork, dark leather sofas, open fires and racing pictures on the walls: this was once part of the Goodwood estate. The dining area is big, light and airy, with a conservatory from which you can amble out onto a terrace that's warmed by outdoor lamps on summer nights. At scrubbed-top tables you can tuck into delicious trio of Barbary duck, seared scallops on pumpkin purée, fig tart with pistachio ice cream. Staff are attentive, a secret garden looks over cornfields, and you're well-placed for Chichester Theatre and the boats at pretty Bosham.
- Children welcome
- Children of all ages welcome in some public rooms (highchairs not necessarily available).
- Wireless internet access available in the bar.
- Vegetarian meals
- Good vegetarian options on the menu.
- Licensed premises
- Alcohol may be served.
- Dogs welcome
- Dogs welcome in some public rooms.
- Wine list
- Pub serves eight or more wines by the glass.
- Food all day
- Food is served all day long.
Local points of interest from Charles Ullmann:
Local points of interest from
- Goodwood is 2 minutes down the road for racing, flying, golf and shooting - ask and it can be arranged ...perfect for track days and special events but be sure to book early!!
- Chichester is 2 miles to the south and has great boutiques, a wonderful new museum and art gallery, a truly inspiring cathedral and farmers markets each Friday
- We have a brigade of 6 chefs in our kitchen who cook everything from fresh - we don't do frozen or pre-prepared so we keep our menu small to guarantee quality and our chefs love to hear your comments - in fact we provide cards for your thoughts......
- The South Coast at West Wittering is 30 minutes drive and has one of the longest sandiest beaches in the UK great for walks whatever time of the year - go and watch the swimmers on New Years Day then come back to us for Brunch....
- The oldest Yew Forest in Britain is just around the corner - at Langley Vale Nature Reserve - it is stunning!
- We are into Vintage Cars - and will talk motorsport non-stop if invited - you can always ask us to stop.......we also love fine art, music and food especially food!!
The Royal Oak Inn is also a Special Place to Eat & Drink
Lunch from £7.95. Dinner, 3 courses, about £35. Sunday lunch from £25-£29.
Open all day.
Pook Lane, East Lavant, Chichester, PO18 0AX, Sussex
The Royal Oak Inn is also a Special Place to Stay
- 3 Twin/doubles
- , 2 Doubles
- , 3 Suites for 4
Price from £110
Places to Stay Nearby