The White Horse - Pub in Sussex
High Street, Chilgrove, Chichester, PO18 9HX,
England, United Kingdom
Beautiful Sussex downland provides a backcloth to this very English inn close to Chichester. Long, low and whitewashed, it dates from 1768 and was once a staging post; now it's the perfect place for foodies and wine buffs to be fed and watered in style. The relaxing timbered bar and dining room combines contemporary-smart with traditional charm: blazing wood-burners, heritage hues, fat candles on scrubbed tables, rugs on upholstered benches. There are serious wines (flick through the 'Red Book') and a delicious monthly menu – fishfinger sandwiches, oxtail linguini, venison and mustard ragù, whole lemon sole, rhubarb and almond crumble. Glorious Goodwood draws the racing set, while stunning downland rambles radiate from the front door.
- Children welcome
- Children of all ages welcome in some public rooms (highchairs not necessarily available).
- Wireless internet access available in the bar.
- Vegetarian meals
- Good vegetarian options on the menu.
- Licensed premises
- Alcohol may be served.
- Dogs welcome
- Dogs welcome in some public rooms.
- Handpumped ales
- Pub serves four or more handpumped ales.
- Wine list
- Pub serves eight or more wines by the glass.
Local points of interest from Niki Burr:
Local points of interest from
- For true rambling adventure, we’re perfectly situated as a stopover for those walking along the South Downs Way.
- Only a few minutes away lies the Goodwood Estate, where you can enjoy a day out golfing, motor racing, horse racing or taking part in their resident flying club.
- The world-renowned Cowdray Polo Club, Chichester Festival Theatre, and both the Fishbourne Roman Palace and Weald and Downland Museums are also nearby, so you can spend the day immersing yourself in the best of Chichester’s cultural offerings.
The White Horse is also a Special Place to Eat & Drink
Special Offer: Spoil Yourself Sundays - Spend £60 or more on your Sunday dinner and enjoy a night's stay for just £60. Exclusive offer to Sawday's customers. Please quote 'Sawday's' when you make a booking.
Bar snacks from £3.50. Main courses from £11.95.
Open all day.
High Street, Chilgrove, Chichester, PO18 9HX, Sussex
The White Horse is also a Special Place to Stay
- 12 Doubles
- , 1 Twin
- , 2 Suites for 2
Price from £90
Other pubs from this owner
Other places to stay from this owner
Places to Stay Nearby