The Vine Tree - Pub in Wiltshire
Norton, Malmesbury, SN16 0JP, Wiltshire
England, United Kingdom
With a fine store of ales and over 40 wines by the glass the former watermill is a watering hole in every sense. It may be hidden away but the faithful return for the food and the beer. On Sundays, memorable roast sirloin of beef from the neighbour's farm is served with all the trimmings. There's plenty of fresh fish, too, local game in season, sautéed scallops with wild mushroom risotto, and a very pretty niçoise salad. Cheeses are local and delicious. Service is young and friendly and surroundings are inviting: deep red walls, candlelight and beams, a wood-burning stove. Tables in the minuscule upstairs room are super-cosy; in summer, relax and gaze on the big immaculate terrace. This Vine Tree has a rich harvest for guests (and their dogs) to reap, and the walking is lovely.
- Wheelchair access
- Wheelchair access to some public rooms and to wc's.
- Children welcome
- Children of all ages welcome in some public rooms (highchairs not necessarily available).
- Wireless internet access available in the bar.
- Vegetarian meals
- Good vegetarian options on the menu.
- Licensed premises
- Alcohol may be served.
- Dogs welcome
- Dogs welcome in some public rooms.
- Wine list
- Pub serves eight or more wines by the glass.
Lunch from £8.95. Dinner from £13.95. Bar meals from £4.95. Sun eves (Sept-March).
Mondays to Saturdays from 3pm to 6pm. Sundays from 5pm to 11pm.
Foxley Road Norton, Malmesbury, SN16 0JP, Wiltshire
Places to Stay Nearby