The Lion at Settle - Pub in Yorkshire
Duke Street, Settle, BD24 9DU,
England, United Kingdom
Generations of travellers have enjoyed the welcome at this grand 17th-century coaching inn; following a recent renovation its doors are open to all. Original features have been saved, including smooth oak floors, a fabulous inglenook fireplace in the grand entrance hall and the graceful sweeping staircase; comfortable sofas and chairs are upholstered in checked tartan wool. Locally sourced ingredients dominate a menu which places its emphasis on comfort: try Settle Pudding (tender braised beef with a suet lid) and homemade Scotch egg with thick-cut chips, and, if you can find room, Phillipa's sticky toffee pudding is a must. The elegant but cosy dining room with its pleasingly mismatched furniture, panelled walls and old photos buzzes with friendly chat.
- Wheelchair access
- Wheelchair access to some public rooms and to wc's.
- Children welcome
- Children of all ages welcome in some public rooms (highchairs not necessarily available).
- Wireless internet access available in the bar.
- Public transport
- Within 2 miles of a bus/train station.
- Dogs welcome
- Dogs welcome in some public rooms.
- Handpumped ales
- Pub serves four or more handpumped ales.
- Wine list
- Pub serves eight or more wines by the glass.
Local points of interest from
Louise Van Delft:
- We are located at the foot of the Pennines and among the breath-taking scenery of North Yorkshire; making us perfect for walkers and explorers. Take a stroll or partake in the challenging 3 Peaks challenge or Pennine Journey.
- Settle is a bustling market town that comes alive on Tuesday when traders from far and wide meet in the town square. The streets are filled with quant little shops selling homemade goods
- We are located on the famous Settle-Carlisle Railway Line; a 73 mile line running through scenic regions of the Yorkshire Dales and North Pennines
- Settle Folly is an impressive 17th Century House built on the old main road. It houses the Museum of North Craven Life; filled with exhibitions about local history throughout the year.
- White Scar Caves are not too far away. These caves are one of Britain’s largest cave formations, formed over 200,000 years.
- Located only a few miles away the Yorkshire Dales Falconry Centre and Hawk Experience is home to around 40 birds of prey, including vultures, eagles, falcons and owls from around the world.
Have you visited The Lion at Settle?Tell us your thoughts.
Lunch from £6.95. Bar meals from £5.95. Dinner from £8.95.
Open all day.
Duke Street, Settle, BD24 9DU, Yorkshire
The Lion at Settle is also a Special Place to Stay
- 14 Twin/doubles
Price from £75