La Almunia del Valle - Hotel in Granada
Camino de la Umbría s/n, 18193 Monachil,
Secluded terraces, soothing fountains, channels ferrying water everywhere. An almunia is a Moorish summer residence and there's a distinctly Moorish feel to this hillside garden. The house stands in its own orchards, its white lines softened by groves of chestnut, olive and fig, its interiors a masterly mix of period and modern: traditional slate floors and contemporary art, leather chairs and woven hangings, arresting colours and lots of books. Beautifully finished bedrooms in the main house (the downstairs ones have superb terraces) smell deliciously of cherrywood and are lavishly equipped; bright kilims and ceiling fans add to the elegance. Two contemporarily gorgeous new rooms – whose picture windows embrace the view – cut into the hillside behind. From the vast rose-painted sitting room step out to admire the manicured lawns, the dramatic sweep of mountains and the valley below, enjoy the jazz during an immaculate dinner. A charming couple, José Manuel and Patricia run their house with intelligence and passion. Perfect for sybarites, 20 minutes from Granada yet tranquil and remote.
- Wheelchair access
- At least one bedroom & bathroom accessible.
- Limited mobility
- At least one bedroom & bathroom accessible without steps.
- Children welcome
- Kids of all ages can stay.
- No smoking
- Smoking not permitted anywhere in the property.
- Credit cards
- Credit or debit card payment accepted.
- English spoken
- Host speaks English, whether perfectly or not.
- Air conditioning
- Some, if not all, bedrooms are air-conditioned.
- Wireless internet access available.
- Pets welcome
- Please let the owner know if you want to bring pets.
- Public transport
- Within 10 miles of a bus/train station.
- Working farm
- Or vineyard.
- Owner has pets
- Animals living on the property.
- Swimming pool
- On the premises.
- Bikes available
- On the premises to hire or borrow.
- Tennis court
- On the premises.
- Vegetarian meals
- Available on request.
- Licensed premises
- Alcohol may be served.
- Cash only
- Credit or debit card payment not accepted.
- Dogs welcome
- Dogs welcome in some public rooms.
- Handpumped ales
- Pub serves four or more handpumped ales.
- Wine list
- Pub serves eight or more wines by the glass.
- Food all day
- Food is served all day long.
- Babies welcome
- Cot may be provided.
Have you visited La Almunia del Valle?Tell us your thoughts.
- 15 Twin/doubles
13 to 30 November; 22 December to 2 January.
Camino de la Umbría s/n, 18193 Monachil, Granada