Finca Buenvino - Bed & Breakfast in Huelva
Ctra. CN-433 km95, 21208 Los Marines, Huelva
After years living in this hilltop place of wild natural beauty – hidden among the oak and chestnut woods of the Aracena mountains – Sam and Jeannie have become honorary citizens of their local town. Buen Vino was built in the early 1980s but many of the materials used are recycled, ferried in from far corners of Spain. The panelled dining room, the arched doors, the wooden staircase, all have a seductive patina. Bedrooms are cosy, one with a sensational view of the valley from the bath, another (for summer only) alongside the pool, and the Yellow Room with a big private steam and massage shower just across the corridor. All have goosedown pillows and olive oil soaps, chairs to lounge in and pleasing colours, cushions, pictures and heaps of books. Walks start from the door, breakfasts are amazing and Jeannie's food is wholesome, hearty, rustic and Spanish. Why not come for a cookery course and join the party? After experimenting with jamon from Jabugo, sherry from Jerez and veg from the garden, raise a glass to your creativity under the pergola – or by the great log fire in winter.
- Wheelchair access
- At least one bedroom & bathroom accessible.
- Limited mobility
- At least one bedroom & bathroom accessible without steps.
- Children welcome
- Kids of all ages can stay.
- No smoking
- Smoking not permitted anywhere in the property.
- Credit cards
- Credit or debit card payment accepted.
- English spoken
- Host speaks English, whether perfectly or not.
- Air conditioning
- Some, if not all, bedrooms are air-conditioned.
- Wireless internet access available.
- Pets welcome
- Please let the owner know if you want to bring pets.
- Public transport
- Within 10 miles of a bus/train station.
- Working farm
- Or vineyard.
- Owner has pets
- Animals living on the property.
- Swimming pool
- On the premises.
- Bikes available
- On the premises to hire or borrow.
- Tennis court
- On the premises.
- Vegetarian meals
- Available on request.
- Licensed premises
- Alcohol may be served.
- Cash only
- Credit or debit card payment not accepted.
- Dogs welcome
- Dogs welcome in some public rooms.
- Handpumped ales
- Pub serves four or more handpumped ales.
- Wine list
- Pub serves eight or more wines by the glass.
- Food all day
- Food is served all day long.
- Babies welcome
- Cot may be provided.
Local points of interest from Sam & Jeannie Chesterton:
Local points of interest from
Sam & Jeannie Chesterton:
- Cookery courses: 3 nights €600, 6 nights €1200 p.p.
- We shall be running two 5-night experiences; "The Conference of Birds" starting 3rd and 10th May 2015. Guided walks, concerts and birdsong with composer and ornithologist Peter Cowdrey .