Camino Viejo de San Mateo, Aptdo. 130, 07816 San Rafael,
Balearic Islands, Spain
Pootle down the dusty track and enter the metal gates to find a delicious hideaway in the heart of Ibiza. John and Michaela have known the island since the 1970s and love it inside out – the cool hangouts, the secret beaches, the pop-up restaurants, the people; they are endlessly generous with their knowledge and their time. Only 15 minutes from the cobbled streets of Ibiza Old Town find ten private acres of orchards, pool and terraces where palms, bougainvillea, oleander, orange trees and a dog – Spirit – flourish... just unwind. Thick walls, big beds, walk-in showers... there's a whitewashed casita in its own gardens, with a mosquito-net draped four-poster and a bathroom beautifully mosaic'd; a simple stylish courtyard suite with a ultra-private courtyard; and a lovely roomy 18th-century farmhouse that includes two suites, each with sitting room and terrace. Wake to the prospect of a juicy breakfast under the awning, cool off in the little pool, swap travel stories by the outdoor bar… and make the most of Mich's inspirational, super-fresh meals. Or John's barbecues: he's a dab hand.
- Wheelchair access
- At least one bedroom & bathroom accessible.
- Limited mobility
- At least one bedroom & bathroom accessible without steps.
- Children welcome
- Kids of all ages can stay.
- No smoking
- Smoking not permitted anywhere in the property.
- Credit cards
- Credit or debit card payment accepted.
- English spoken
- Host speaks English, whether perfectly or not.
- Air conditioning
- Some, if not all, bedrooms are air-conditioned.
- Wireless internet access available.
- Pets welcome
- Pets allowed in bedrooms (not on the bed).
- Public transport
- Within 10 miles of a bus/train station.
- Working farm
- Or vineyard.
- Owner has pets
- Animals living on the property.
- Swimming pool
- On the premises.
- Bikes available
- On the premises to hire or borrow.
- Tennis court
- On the premises.
- Vegetarian meals
- Available on request.
- Licensed premises
- Alcohol may be served.
- Cash only
- Credit or debit card payment not accepted.
- Dogs welcome
- Dogs welcome in some public rooms.
- Handpumped ales
- Pub serves four or more handpumped ales.
- Wine list
- Pub serves eight or more wines by the glass.
- Food all day
- Food is served all day long.
- Babies welcome
- Cot may be provided.
Have you visited Can Sastre?Tell us your thoughts.
- 4 Suites for 2 - 4
Extra bed/sofabed available from €80 to €90 per person per night.
4 November - 10 April.
Camino Viejo de San Mateo, Aptdo. 130, 07816 San Rafael, Ibiza