El Milano Real - Hotel in Ávila
c/Toleo 2, 05634 Hoyos del Espino,
Castile and León, Spain
Surrounded by the Gredos mountains, this has the feel of a smart Swiss chalet, with shutters on all sides and big views. Inside, all is comfort and ease. There are good-sized bedrooms and several rather plush suites to suit every taste; each is different and all are colour-coordinated. Two are Japanese, stunning with futon and low furniture, another resembles a Manhattan penthouse; another is country English; the Nordic room has its very own sauna. There are two lounges with matching sofas and armchairs, one up under the eaves, and a library and an observatory complete with computerised telescope. The knowledgeable owner, Paco, is a keen astronomer and wine buff and is happy to share his passions with guests. But the food is the biggest draw, winning a mention in many guides; there's also a tempting wine list. Paco and his wife Teresa have compiled their own walking and horse riding routes that take you into the heart of the Sierra de Gredos. Recover from your exertions – or just pamper yourself – in the smart spa. Good restaurants and bars are just a few minutes' walk away.
- Wheelchair access
- At least one bedroom & bathroom accessible.
- Limited mobility
- At least one bedroom & bathroom accessible without steps.
- Children welcome
- Kids of all ages can stay.
- No smoking
- Smoking not permitted anywhere in the property.
- Credit cards
- Credit or debit card payment accepted.
- English spoken
- Host speaks English, whether perfectly or not.
- Air conditioning
- Some, if not all, bedrooms are air-conditioned.
- Wireless internet access available.
- Pets welcome
- Pets allowed in bedrooms (not on the bed).
- Public transport
- Within 10 miles of a bus/train station.
- Working farm
- Or vineyard.
- Owner has pets
- Animals living on the property.
- Swimming pool
- On the premises.
- Bikes available
- On the premises to hire or borrow.
- Tennis court
- On the premises.
- Vegetarian meals
- Available on request.
- Licensed premises
- Alcohol may be served.
- Cash only
- Credit or debit card payment not accepted.
- Dogs welcome
- Dogs welcome in some public rooms.
- Handpumped ales
- Pub serves four or more handpumped ales.
- Wine list
- Pub serves eight or more wines by the glass.
- Food all day
- Food is served all day long.
- Babies welcome
- Cot may be provided.
Local points of interest from
- The Sierra de Gredos is an unspoilt natural wonder in Castille, the centre of Spain. It offers spectacular walking in 65,000 hectares, less than 2 hours travel away from Madrid.
- You will find startling numbers of birds, wild flowers, mushrooms and herbs, on your self-guided walks, as well as Ibex and wild goats.
- You will experience many types of terrain without ever meeting a highway: high mountain pastures, foothills, river valleys, pine forest trails & ancient stone roads dating from Roman times
- If you stick to the north side of the mountains, walks begin at 1500m, making for nice cool temperatures.
- The food is also delicious, with fresh organic ingredients being used to produce both traditional and innovative Spanish cuisine of the highest order.
- The offer is available year round for just £170 pp sharing. It includes breakfast and the provision of maps but excludes transport to the hotel, meals and drinks.
Have you visited El Milano Real?Tell us your thoughts.
- 13 Twin/doubles
- 8 Suites for 2
Special Offer: Wild Spain “A Spanish Walking Holiday to explore Gredos, the ‘Southern Alps’" - Both Teresa and Paco are keen hikers, and have personally developed each walk, so they can inform you on what to expect on your 4 night stay in El Milano Real. See details in points of interest below.
c/Toleo 2, 05634 Hoyos del Espino, Ávila