Hotel Duquesa de Cardona - Hotel in Barcelona
Paseo Colón 12, 08002, Barcelona
Where would you choose to stay in Barcelona? Near Las Ramblas, by the atmospheric marina? The Duquesa de Cardona has a near-perfect site – vibrant until the small hours! – and a sophistication to match that of the city. You can safely expect the best of everything here: service, comfort, food, and a high-ceilinged, columned and vaulted restaurant that is quite something. This imposing 19th-century building, in palm-lined Paseo Colón in the city's famous gothic quarter, was once home to nobles and kings. The aristocratic mood is reflected in original chequered marble floors and stone arches and carvings, while elegant bedrooms, some small, some large, come in contemporary chocolates and taupes with carpeted floors and high ceilings... ask for a harbourside view, but rooms at the back may be quieter. Bathrooms are stunning. After a day exploring one of the world's best-loved cities, return to a sleek teak table on the top terrace, sip a cocktail beneath a vast parasol, take a dip in the splash pool and watch the sun going down. Everything is close to perfection.
- Wheelchair access
- At least one bedroom & bathroom accessible.
- Limited mobility
- At least one bedroom & bathroom accessible without steps.
- Children welcome
- Kids of all ages can stay.
- No smoking
- Smoking not permitted anywhere in the property.
- Credit cards
- Credit or debit card payment accepted.
- English spoken
- Host speaks English, whether perfectly or not.
- Air conditioning
- Some, if not all, bedrooms are air-conditioned.
- Wireless internet access available.
- Pets welcome
- Please let the owner know if you want to bring pets.
- Public transport
- Within 10 miles of a bus/train station.
- Working farm
- Or vineyard.
- Owner has pets
- Animals living on the property.
- Swimming pool
- On the premises.
- Bikes available
- On the premises to hire or borrow.
- Tennis court
- On the premises.
- Vegetarian meals
- Available on request.
- Licensed premises
- Alcohol may be served.
- Cash only
- Credit or debit card payment not accepted.
- Dogs welcome
- Dogs welcome in some public rooms.
- Handpumped ales
- Pub serves four or more handpumped ales.
- Wine list
- Pub serves eight or more wines by the glass.
- Food all day
- Food is served all day long.
- Babies welcome
- Cot may be provided.
Local points of interest from Sandra Martinez:
Local points of interest from
- Port Vell of Barcelona: right in front of the hotel Duquesa de Cardona . Cross the road, and have a look to the yachts
- Beach Barcelona: a beautiful walk of 10 minuts, and be ready for a sunbath
- Ramblas: just 3 minutes walk to the most famous avenue of Barcelona: performances, cafes, flower markets and lots of action
- Boqueria Market: 5 minutes walk from the hotel Duquesa de Cardona. Perfect for a different fresh lunch
- Gothic Quarter : the ancient quarter of Barcelona is right behind us: find the Cathedral, Plaça del Rei, Sant Jaume square, etc
- Picasso Museum, Santa Maria del Mar and Born Quarter, just 3 minutes walk