El Moli - Hotel in Gerona
c/ Ribera Nº1, 17469 Siurana d'Empordà,
Here is an inviting new farmhouse set among fields of barley and wheat, modelled on the traditional Gerona mas. Big bedrooms have rustically tiled floors, wafer-bricked and ochre-washed walls, king-size beds, floral fabrics and – a nice touch – a salt/quartz lamp for ionization and mood lighting. María and Josep's welcome is warm; daughter Sara, a naturopathy student, gives massages on site. The garden is lovely and large, safely fenced and with lots of nooks and little verandas to hide yourself away in, and windblocks for sunbathing. Simple wholesome farmhouse food, served in the dining room, is the order of the day, and most of it comes from the farm: lamb, beef, chicken, vegetables, fruit, olive oil. Wines are local, and you get a hierbas infusion to finish. For breakfast there are organic eggs, salamis, tomatoes, watermelon and homemade jams. An excellent place in which to break the journey north or south, with a beach at San Pere Pescador, a 20-minute drive. Also: the Roman ruins at Empuries, the classic fishing village of Cadaqués, the Dalí Museum at Figueres.
- Wheelchair access
- At least one bedroom & bathroom accessible.
- Limited mobility
- At least one bedroom & bathroom accessible without steps.
- Children welcome
- Kids of all ages can stay.
- No smoking
- Smoking not permitted anywhere in the property.
- Credit cards
- Credit or debit card payment accepted.
- English spoken
- Host speaks English, whether perfectly or not.
- Air conditioning
- Some, if not all, bedrooms are air-conditioned.
- Wireless internet access available.
- Pets welcome
- Please let the owner know if you want to bring pets.
- Public transport
- Within 10 miles of a bus/train station.
- Working farm
- Or vineyard.
- Owner has pets
- Animals living on the property.
- Swimming pool
- On the premises.
- Bikes available
- On the premises to hire or borrow.
- Tennis court
- On the premises.
- Vegetarian meals
- Available on request.
- Licensed premises
- Alcohol may be served.
- Cash only
- Credit or debit card payment not accepted.
- Dogs welcome
- Dogs welcome in some public rooms.
- Handpumped ales
- Pub serves four or more handpumped ales.
- Wine list
- Pub serves eight or more wines by the glass.
- Food all day
- Food is served all day long.
- Babies welcome
- Cot may be provided.
Have you visited El Moli?Tell us your thoughts.
- 4 Twin/doubles
- 2 Suites for 2
One week in January.
c/ Ribera Nº1, 17469 Siurana d'Empordà, Gerona