6 The Embankment, Bedford, MK40 3PD,
England, United Kingdom
Peach Pubs snapped up this town-centre hotel in 2008; now it's their flagship inn. The strikingly timbered neo-Tudor building overlooks the leafy embankment of the Great Ouse. The style of its late-Victorian heyday has been recreated inside, so there are period fireplaces, big mirrors, wooden floors, leather wall benches and a semi-retro feel, from the airy front bar to the dining rooms at the back. Now a vibrant inn with a buzzy, laid-back bar (you won't find a residents' lounge here!) and a modern all-day menu, the Embankment draws a lively crowd – prepare to drink, eat and make merry. You can drop in for breakfast (cosily in front of the fire); order a delicious coffee and cake; graze from the tempting deli board menu; or enjoy the daily roast. The retro styling extends to 20 bedrooms over three floors, the quietest at the top, with bold wall coverings, leather chairs and huge comfy beds dressed in crisp linen. Room 101 has river views and a grand bathroom with a tub and a shower. There's a super heated and semi-covered area outside at the front, and the riverside walks are gorgeous.
- Wheelchair access
- At least one bedroom & bathroom accessible.
- Limited mobility
- At least one bedroom & bathroom accessible without steps.
- Children welcome
- Kids of all ages can stay.
- No smoking
- Smoking not permitted anywhere in the property.
- Credit cards
- Credit or debit card payment accepted.
- English spoken
- Host speaks English, whether perfectly or not.
- Air conditioning
- Some, if not all, bedrooms are air-conditioned.
- Wireless internet access available.
- Pets welcome
- Pets allowed in bedrooms (not on the bed).
- Public transport
- Within 10 miles of a bus/train station.
- Working farm
- Or vineyard.
- Owner has pets
- Animals living on the property.
- Swimming pool
- On the premises.
- Bikes available
- On the premises to hire or borrow.
- Tennis court
- On the premises.
- Vegetarian meals
- Available on request.
- Licensed premises
- Alcohol may be served.
- Cash only
- Credit or debit card payment not accepted.
- Dogs welcome
- Dogs welcome in some public rooms.
- Handpumped ales
- Pub serves four or more handpumped ales.
- Wine list
- Pub serves eight or more wines by the glass.
- Food all day
- Food is served all day long.
- Babies welcome
- Cot may be provided.
Have you visited The Embankment?Tell us your thoughts.
- 5 Doubles
- 15 Twin/doubles
6 The Embankment, Bedford, MK40 3PD, Bedfordshire