43-44 Marine Parade, Brighton, BN2 1PE,
Brighton & Hove
England, United Kingdom
Drakes has the lot: cool rooms, a funky bar, big sea views, the best restaurant in town. It stands across the road from the beach, with the famous pier a three-minute walk and the big wheel even closer. Inside, a chic style has conquered every corner. Bedrooms are exemplary. Eleven have free-standing baths in the room, all have waffle bathrobes and White Company lotions, but what impresses most is the detail and workmanship. Handmade beds rest on carpets that are changed every year, contemporary plaster mouldings curl around ceilings like mountain terraces, Vi-Spring mattresses, wrapped in the crispest linen, are piled high with pillows. Don't worry if you can't afford the best rooms; others may be smaller and those at the back have city views, but all are fantastic and the attic rooms are as cute as could be (Kylie loved hers). As for the food, it's the best in town, perhaps cauliflower soup with a smoked quail egg, honey-glazed duck with cassis sauce, pears poached in sweet wine with a chocolate and hazelnut mousse. The Lanes are close and packed with hip shops. Don't miss the Royal Pavilion.
- Wheelchair access
- At least one bedroom & bathroom accessible.
- Limited mobility
- At least one bedroom & bathroom accessible without steps.
- Children welcome
- Kids of all ages can stay.
- No smoking
- Smoking not permitted anywhere in the property.
- Credit cards
- Credit or debit card payment accepted.
- English spoken
- Host speaks English, whether perfectly or not.
- Air conditioning
- Some, if not all, bedrooms are air-conditioned.
- Wireless internet access available.
- Pets welcome
- Pets allowed in bedrooms (not on the bed).
- Public transport
- Within 10 miles of a bus/train station.
- Working farm
- Or vineyard.
- Owner has pets
- Animals living on the property.
- Swimming pool
- On the premises.
- Bikes available
- On the premises to hire or borrow.
- Tennis court
- On the premises.
- Vegetarian meals
- Available on request.
- Licensed premises
- Alcohol may be served.
- Cash only
- Credit or debit card payment not accepted.
- Dogs welcome
- Dogs welcome in some public rooms.
- Handpumped ales
- Pub serves four or more handpumped ales.
- Wine list
- Pub serves eight or more wines by the glass.
- Food all day
- Food is served all day long.
- Babies welcome
- Cot may be provided.
Local points of interest from
- Off street parking available.
Have you visited Drakes?Tell us your thoughts.
- 16 Doubles
- 1 Twin/double
- 2 Singles
- 1 Suite for 2
Minimum stay two nights at weekends.
43-44 Marine Parade, Brighton, BN2 1PE, Brighton & Hove