The Mole & Chicken
Easington Terrace, Long Crendon, Aylesbury, HP18 9EY,
England, United Kingdom
Midsomer Murders was filmed here: it's in the middle of nowhere, hardish to find and absurdly picturesque. Come on a damp Sunday and settle in for the day; in summer there's a decked area with fabulous views. Inside, lovely low beams, a vast fire and squishy leather sofas. It's that sort of a bolthole, relaxed, pubby, with ales on tap and 12 wines by the glass. The restaurant feel takes over in several little rooms with chunky pine tables, 60s art and gleaming glasses, and we hear great reports of the food: Crendon Manor pork belly; scallops with black pudding, apple and pomme purée; superb Sunday roasts (thick tender beef, fiery horseradish sauce, creamy celeriac, great Yorkshire pudding); a Thai duck salad to die for. With food this good it's worth staying the night and here you get peaceful rooms in the adjoining cottage. Named after the colours used in them, they are immaculate, stylish and serene; Strawberry (the smallest) is Victorian, Mustard has a roll top in the bedroom, Duck Egg is dreamy, Dairy Queen is super cosy.
- Wheelchair access
- At least one bedroom & bathroom accessible.
- Limited mobility
- At least one bedroom & bathroom accessible without steps.
- Children welcome
- Kids of all ages can stay.
- No smoking
- Smoking not permitted anywhere in the property.
- Credit cards
- Credit or debit card payment accepted.
- English spoken
- Host speaks English, whether perfectly or not.
- Air conditioning
- Some, if not all, bedrooms are air-conditioned.
- Wireless internet access available.
- Pets welcome
- Pets allowed in bedrooms (not on the bed).
- Public transport
- Within 10 miles of a bus/train station.
- Working farm
- Or vineyard.
- Owner has pets
- Animals living on the property.
- Swimming pool
- On the premises.
- Bikes available
- On the premises to hire or borrow.
- Tennis court
- On the premises.
- Vegetarian meals
- Available on request.
- Licensed premises
- Alcohol may be served.
- Cash only
- Credit or debit card payment not accepted.
- Dogs welcome
- Dogs welcome in some public rooms.
- Handpumped ales
- Pub serves four or more handpumped ales.
- Wine list
- Pub serves eight or more wines by the glass.
- Food all day
- Food is served all day long.
- Babies welcome
- Cot may be provided.
Have you visited The Mole & Chicken?Tell us your thoughts.
- 4 Doubles
- 1 Family room for 4
Please check before you visit.
Easington Terrace, Long Crendon, Aylesbury, HP18 9EY, Buckinghamshire
The Mole & Chicken is also a Special Place to Eat & Drink