Huntingdon Road, Girton, Cambridge, CB3 0LX,
England, United Kingdom
Propel your punt along the Cam, duck your head to avoid stone bridges, stop to explore riverside colleges or head to King's for evensong. Beautiful Cambridge is a great place to while away a weekend and if you prefer to escape the city at night, then potter up to Hotel Felix. It stands in peaceful gardens two miles north, a metaphor for this resurgent city – a grand old villa reborn in contemporary style. Two new wings run off at right angles, creating a courtyard with parterre garden. Bedrooms have a smart simplicity and mix corporate necessities (this is Silicon Fen, after all) with comfort and style: dark wood furniture, crisp white linen, silky curtains, a sofa if there's room. Some are big, others smaller, all have excellent bathrooms with robes and White Company lotions. There's a peaceful sitting room for the daily papers, an attractive terrace for afternoon tea, an airy bar for pre-dinner drinks. As for the restaurant, you eat surrounded by contemporary art, perhaps seared scallops, Gressingham duck, pineapple tarte tatin; a bar menu runs at night, too. Very dog friendly.
- Wheelchair access
- At least one bedroom & bathroom accessible.
- Limited mobility
- At least one bedroom & bathroom accessible without steps.
- Children welcome
- Kids of all ages can stay.
- No smoking
- Smoking not permitted anywhere in the property.
- Credit cards
- Credit or debit card payment accepted.
- Wireless internet access available.
- Pets welcome
- Pets allowed in bedrooms (not on the bed).
- Public transport
- Within 10 miles of a bus/train station.
- Vegetarian meals
- Available on request.
- Licensed premises
- Alcohol may be served.
Little gems of local knowledge from Shara Ross:
- King's College Chapel is one of the most iconic buildings in the world. It was started in 1446 by Henry VI and took over a century to build. It has the largest fan vault ceiling in the world.
- Punting. Take a chauffeured punt or hire one and explore the historic Backs.
- Anglesey Abbey Gardens & Lode Mill. A Jacobean-style house with fine furnishings and rare clocks, with gardens and a working watermill.
- Visit Granchester - a charming little village near Cambridge, once home to WWI poet Rupert Brooke. Visit the Rupert Brooke Museum, walk through the tranquil meadows, enjoy afternoon tea at The Orchard Tea Rooms.
- Wimpole Hall, Home Farm, Gardens & Park. The magnificent Wimpole Hall, owned by the National Trust, is a short drive from Cambridge. Visit the historic house, gardens and the working Home Farm.
- Duxford Imperial War Museum. IWM Duxford is set in the spacious grounds of the famous former WW1 and WW2 airfield. Lose yourself for a whole day wandering under and around some of the most iconic aircraft in the world.
Have you visited Hotel Felix?Tell us your thoughts.
- 28 Doubles
- 19 Twin/doubles
- 5 Suites for 2
Special Offer: Spring Break - Stay from £135 per room per night based on two sharing. This rate includes: full English breakfast, newspaper, glass of wine (if having at least a two course dinner), parking & VAT. Exc. Saturdays.
Valid from 09/05/2013 till 31/05/2013
Huntingdon Road, Girton, Cambridge, CB3 0LX, Cambridgeshire