Artist Residence Penzance
20 Chapel Street, Penzance, TR18 4AW,
England, United Kingdom
Distinctly hip, deliciously quirky and overflowing with colour, this groovy little bolthole is hard to resist. The house dates to 1600 and stands on the ley line that connects St Michael's Mount to Stonehenge. You're in the old quarter of town, a stone's throw from the harbour. Inside, Charlie and her staff potter about informally, stopping to chat and point you in the right direction. Downstairs, you find a cute dining room that doubles variously as a sitting room, a clothes shop, an art gallery and bar – a very sociable spot. Bedrooms are scattered about, each designed by a different artist; many have brightly coloured murals. One has a wall you can write on, another is pretty in pink, yet another shows a cartoon version of the street outside your window; in short, you sleep amid art. Most have compact shower rooms, one has a claw-foot bath. All have smart beds, white linen and toppers for a good night's sleep; family rooms have fridges, too. Back downstairs, lovely breakfasts offer honey-roast ham, local eggs, delicious smoothies. Good pubs and restaurants are very close, too.
- Wheelchair access
- At least one bedroom & bathroom accessible.
- Limited mobility
- At least one bedroom & bathroom accessible without steps.
- Children welcome
- Kids of all ages can stay.
- No smoking
- Smoking not permitted anywhere in the property.
- Credit cards
- Credit or debit card payment accepted.
- English spoken
- Host speaks English, whether perfectly or not.
- Air conditioning
- Some, if not all, bedrooms are air-conditioned.
- Wireless internet access available.
- Pets welcome
- Pets allowed in bedrooms (not on the bed).
- Public transport
- Within 10 miles of a bus/train station.
- Working farm
- Or vineyard.
- Owner has pets
- Animals living on the property.
- Swimming pool
- On the premises.
- Bikes available
- On the premises to hire or borrow.
- Tennis court
- On the premises.
- Vegetarian meals
- Available on request.
- Licensed premises
- Alcohol may be served.
- Cash only
- Credit or debit card payment not accepted.
- Dogs welcome
- Dogs welcome in some public rooms.
- Handpumped ales
- Pub serves four or more handpumped ales.
- Wine list
- Pub serves eight or more wines by the glass.
- Food all day
- Food is served all day long.
- Babies welcome
- Cot may be provided.
Have you visited Artist Residence Penzance?Tell us your thoughts.
- 6 Doubles
- 2 Twin/doubles
- 3 Family rooms for 4
December & January.
20 Chapel Street, Penzance, TR18 4AW, Cornwall