Bishops Quay, St Martin, Helford,
England, United Kingdom
It's so tempting to keep this a secret! Drop down a quiet lane and enter what can only be described as your own private quay. This blissful quay is home to just a couple of lucky people and two fishing boats. You could easily never budge – river views from every window and a brilliant waterfront balcony from which to spy birds and clock the ever-changing tides. Canoes, rowing, sailing and motor boats are at the ready, and the water becomes a compulsory part of the day. Eventually dragging yourself indoors, you'll find rooms oozing family history and artefacts, and a delightful mix of modern and traditional. The kitchen is a wrap-around affair: all pine units, quarry tiles and a sink with a view; and nearby is a panelled 'cabin snug' for cosy, chatty meals. The jaunty white and blue bathroom passes the closest inspection, and you'll be fighting over the bedrooms – a big wooden sleigh bed in one, twins or bunks in others; and a retro 'beach hut' double which, of course, faces the water. Brunch on the balcony, try a little light rowing or dabble with watercolours, take an afternoon siesta and feast on fresh fish, delivered right to your quayside. The glorious Helford River gardens, art galleries in Penzance, and wonderful clifftop walks and beaches are close.
- No smoking
- Smoking not permitted anywhere in the property.
- Wireless internet access available.
Open fire / woodburner
Cooked meals available
Shop within 3 miles
Little gems of local knowledge from Kate Kirby:
- Ready for you - motor, sailing and rowing boats, kayaks and canoes. Use them or just enjoy looking at them, it's up to you!
- The river is outside the house, step straight onto the quay. Pretty flower filled 'lady's' garden, waterfront patio and balcony.
- A quarter of a mile away from traffic, down a private lane; quiet, peaceful. A retreat from the world.
- Ever changing views of tides, water bird life and boats. BBQ and fire basket, garden lights.
- Village pub + great local store, farm and pasty shop, a few minutes drive, or all within a fifteen minute walk.
- Antiques, art, books, games, SKY+ tv. BQ is a historic building full of interest.
Have you visited Bishops Quay?Tell us your thoughts.
- 1 House for 6
Special Offer: Summer Offers! - Weeks beginning 29th June @ £1800 down from £2300 July 6th, July 13th, July 20th @ £2000 down from £2300, Aug 3rd down to £2000 from £2300.
Valid from 13/05/2013 till 30/06/2013
Short breaks available in low season.
Bishops Quay, St Martin, Helford, Cornwall