England, United Kingdom
There have been dwellings at Botelet since Domesday with the Tamblyns being perfect custodians for the last 150 years; the sense of timelessness in this deep country setting is palpable. Feel your 21st-century worries drift away as you approach – thick grass in the middle of the lane, fecund hedgerows, lines of oak and the first sight of the farm overlooking a pristine valley: glorious. The two cottages, Manor (next to the owners' characterful B&B) and Cowslip, have been thoughtfully and artfully put together, carefully enhancing what was there – low beams, old fireplaces, ancient flags – while adding the best of new. Old brass beds, a pale spiral staircase made from railway sleepers, good paintings, a farmhouse table, eclectic lighting, all sit together exquisitely, while bare bathroom boards and old-fashioned loos give a beauitful vintage look. If you must venture out in search of surf, sand and sea, Fowey and Polperro are close and the north coast is 35 minutes. But you will probably while away most of a week staying put, soaking up the historic peace at this most atmospheric, and greenest, of retreats.
- Children welcome
- Kids of all ages can stay.
- No smoking
- Smoking not permitted anywhere in the property.
- Wireless internet access available.
- Working farm
- Or vineyard.
Open fire / woodburner
Cooked meals available
Shop within 3 miles
Little gems of local knowledge from The Tamblyn Family:
- Book a therapeutic massage in the comfort of your cottage with our local therapist.
- Walk up to Bury Down hill fort at Botelet Farm, dating from the neolithic era the fort ramparts are a great spot for picnics and panoramic views.
- Stroll across the fields at Botelet, and take in the woodlands in a beautiful circular walk. Polmartin Stables is only a walk away - ride out onto the hills surrounding Botelet.
- Only six miles from the south coast - great for stepping out on the coast path and exploring Cornwall's quiet, hidden beaches.
- Most of Botelet's electricity comes from renewable sources, so your stay will only leave a gentle footprint.
- 25 minutes from the Eden Project, 30 minutes from the Lost Gardens of Heligan and 15 minutes from the National Trust's magnificent Lanydrock property.
Have you visited Botelet?Tell us your thoughts.
- 2 Cottages for 5
Short breaks in low season (min 2 nights).
Herodsfoot, Liskeard, Cornwall