Little White Alice
England, United Kingdom
What a treat. Rosie and Simon always dreamt of transforming an old farmstead into something special, and here they are, at the end of the high-hedged lanes, perfectly positioned between the north and south coasts. This is a place where the buildings are a work of art in themselves and energy comes from the wind and the sun – with ground-source heating thrown in for good measure, and water from 25 wild acres. Clustered around The Studio – the arts and crafts hub of Little Alice – are six stone and cedar-clad cottages: two for romancers, four for families. Inside: hand-carved kitchens and woven-willow headboards, wood-burning stoves and heated floors, hampers of local honey and bread from Falmouth, and stunning canvasses of Cornish art (for sale!). All this and private decks, beechwood tables, freeview TV, books, DVDs and a natural swimming pool. There's watersporting at Stithians Lake, surfing beaches ten miles away, views all the way to St Austell. And, in winter 2012, you'll be able to sip Camel Valley champagne in the wood burning hot tub beneath the stars. It's easy being green!
- Wheelchair access
- At least one bedroom & bathroom accessible.
- Limited mobility
- At least one bedroom & bathroom accessible without steps.
- Children welcome
- Kids of all ages can stay.
- No smoking
- Smoking not permitted anywhere in the property.
- Credit cards
- Credit or debit card payment accepted.
- Wireless internet access available.
- Public transport
- Within 10 miles of a bus/train station.
- Working farm
- Or vineyard.
- Swimming pool
- On the premises.
- Bikes available
- On the premises to hire or borrow.
Open fire / woodburner
Cooked meals available
Shop within 3 miles
Little gems of local knowledge from Rosie Hadden:
- Breakfast on freshly laid eggs from on site hens and; new this year, beehives (Cornish Black Bees), so expect delicious honey to be available soon.
- Guests are invited to enjoy a weekly Paella by the Pool evening with Marta and Cristina from Catalan Kitchen during the summer.
- At least once a week, craft sessions are available for guests in The Studio; expect to work with willow, mosaics, making felt etc.
- 2 electric car charging stations for guests who travel by greener means! Available from August 2012.
Have you visited Little White Alice?Tell us your thoughts.
- 6 Houses for 2 - 8
Short breaks available. Dogs welcome in Ash House.
Carnmenellis, Redruth, Cornwall