Peace & Plenty and Ring & Thimble
Boscrowan, Heamoor, Penzance,
England, United Kingdom
A breadmaker for the kitchen, hand-made soaps for the bath, fresh eggs, home-grown vegetables, a barbecue for the beach and a cream tea on arrival – such is the attention to detail at these immaculate cottages on the edge of Penzance. The setting is remarkable: 25 acres of gardens, horses, ducks, hens, fields of daffs in spring, and a stroll to the village stores. Elizabeth fills the rooms with flowers, is passionate about sustainability, and runs a soft furnishings business – be prepared for unusually fine décor. Snowy white linen encases a big ironwork bed with a russet-red silk throw and tangerine cushions; pillows are top quality, carpets are thick underfoot. Living rooms are just as good – an upstairs room for Peace & Plenty, with polished floors, heritage colours and views from three windows; downstairs for charming thatched Ring & Thimble – the sort of room you cannot wait to cosy up in as the wood-burner is lit and darkness falls. Elizabeth extols the benefits of public transport so catch the scenic train to St Ives, then hop on the bus to Zennor – it's the finest coastal route in all England!
- No smoking
- Smoking not permitted anywhere in the property.
- Wireless internet access available.
- Public transport
- Within 10 miles of a bus/train station.
- Bikes available
- On the premises to hire or borrow.
Open fire / woodburner
Cooked meals available
Shop within 3 miles
Little gems of local knowledge from David & Elizabeth Harris:
- Well positioned to visit both the North and South coast
- Walking distance from Penzance yet set in countryside
- Close to St Michaels Mount
- The famous Minack Theatre only 20 minutes away
- The nearest beach is just 5 minutes by car
- Go surfing at Sennen and walk from there to Lands End
Have you visited Peace & Plenty and Ring & Thimble?Tell us your thoughts.
- 2 Cottages for 2 - 4
Three night short breaks in low season - £90 per night.
Boscrowan, Heamoor, Penzance, Cornwall