The Abbey Hotel & Restaurant
Abbey Street, Penzance, TR18 4AR,
England, United Kingdom
Jean Shrimpton's Penzance bolthole sits in the old town above the harbour with views from the front across to St Michael's Mount. Outside, a tangle of lanes lead down to the water. Inside, beautiful interiors come in country-house style – a bust of Lafayette in the drawing room, an open fire in the panelled breakfast room, beautiful art everywhere you go. In summer, you decant into a peaceful walled garden for afternoon tea, a perfect spot to escape the crowds. Bedrooms are grand, quirky and laden with comfort. There are chandeliers, quilted bedspreads, French armoires and plump-cushioned armchairs. Those at the front have the view (in one you open a cupboard to find an en suite shower), the suite is perfect for families. As for the food, nip next door to the hotel's restaurant for exciting cooking. Street food waits at lunch – Thai pad noodles, Moroccan cous cous, even a mini rump steak burger; then at night it gets fancier, perhaps cucumber soup with curried scallops, wild sea bream with Bombay potatoes, Earl Grey panna cotta with orange jelly. St Ives and the coastal path wait.
- Wheelchair access
- At least one bedroom & bathroom accessible.
- Limited mobility
- At least one bedroom & bathroom accessible without steps.
- Children welcome
- Kids of all ages can stay.
- No smoking
- Smoking not permitted anywhere in the property.
- Credit cards
- Credit or debit card payment accepted.
- English spoken
- Host speaks English, whether perfectly or not.
- Air conditioning
- Some, if not all, bedrooms are air-conditioned.
- Wireless internet access available.
- Pets welcome
- Pets allowed in bedrooms (not on the bed).
- Public transport
- Within 10 miles of a bus/train station.
- Working farm
- Or vineyard.
- Owner has pets
- Animals living on the property.
- Swimming pool
- On the premises.
- Bikes available
- On the premises to hire or borrow.
- Tennis court
- On the premises.
- Vegetarian meals
- Available on request.
- Licensed premises
- Alcohol may be served.
- Cash only
- Credit or debit card payment not accepted.
- Dogs welcome
- Dogs welcome in some public rooms.
- Handpumped ales
- Pub serves four or more handpumped ales.
- Wine list
- Pub serves eight or more wines by the glass.
- Food all day
- Food is served all day long.
- Babies welcome
- Cot may be provided.
Have you visited The Abbey Hotel & Restaurant?Tell us your thoughts.
- 4 Doubles
- 1 Twin
- 1 Family room for 4
- 1 Suite for 2
- 1 Apartment for 4
Abbey Street, Penzance, TR18 4AR, Cornwall