Moyles Farm, St Minver, Wadebridge,
England, United Kingdom
Surfers' Paradise. You are a minute's drive from the sands of Polzeath, and sailing at Rock, and the gastro treats of Padstow. This old cart shed has reinvented itself as a gleaming 'Scandie' studio, a brilliant retreat for two. Light streams in to a white-walled, split-level space, warmed by a wood-burner, softened by a mammoth sofa and open to the eaves. With the air of an upmarket beach hut, the oak-floored kitchen has stripey-curtained, tongue and groove cupboards, local-slate surfaces and plenty of stainless steel; tucked away, the ample bed is decked in Swedish-blue and crisp white cotton. Drench off the salty sea in a chic shower room, then grab a beer from the oversized fridge and pad out into garden, settling on a hewn bench to watch the sun dip over the fields. If you can move no further, treat yourself to a meal (delicious, wholesome and homemade) from the freezer. Amanda and her delightful family live nearby and are always happy to help. From Port Isaac and Port Quinn to Trevose Head and Tintagel, the southwest coastal path beckons, as does the surf capital of Newquay.
- Wheelchair access
- At least one bedroom & bathroom accessible.
- Limited mobility
- At least one bedroom & bathroom accessible without steps.
- Children welcome
- Kids of all ages can stay.
- No smoking
- Smoking not permitted anywhere in the property.
- Credit cards
- Credit or debit card payment accepted.
- English spoken
- Host speaks English, whether perfectly or not.
- Air conditioning
- Some, if not all, bedrooms are air-conditioned.
- Wireless internet access available.
- Pets welcome
- Pets allowed in bedrooms (not on the bed).
- Public transport
- Within 10 miles of a bus/train station.
- Working farm
- Or vineyard.
- Owner has pets
- Animals living on the property.
- Swimming pool
- On the premises.
- Bikes available
- On the premises to hire or borrow.
- Tennis court
- On the premises.
- Vegetarian meals
- Available on request.
- Licensed premises
- Alcohol may be served.
- Cash only
- Credit or debit card payment not accepted.
- Dogs welcome
- Dogs welcome in some public rooms.
- Handpumped ales
- Pub serves four or more handpumped ales.
- Wine list
- Pub serves eight or more wines by the glass.
- Food all day
- Food is served all day long.
- Babies welcome
- Cot may be provided.
Open fire / woodburner
Cooked meals available
Shop within 3 miles
Local points of interest from
- One and a half miles from the beach at Polzeath, a good surfing beach.
- Many excellent local pubs within a few miles.
- Padstow is a short ferry ride from Rock, which is only 3 miles away.
- Quiet secluded location with views over open farmland.
- You can walk onto the South West Coast path from us.
- We do allow dogs to stay in The Linhay
Have you visited The Linhay?Tell us your thoughts.
- 1 Cottage for 2
Short breaks available.
Moyles Farm, St Minver, Wadebridge, Cornwall