The Summer House
Cornwall Terrace, Penzance, TR18 4HL,
England, United Kingdom
A glittering find, a small enclave of Mediterranean goodness a hundred yards up from the sea. It's stylish and informal, colourful and welcoming; what's more, it's super value for money. Linda and Ciro, English and Italian respectively, run the place with great affection. Linda, bubbling away out front, is the designer, her breezy interiors warm and elegant with stripped floors, Ciro's art, panelled windows and murals in the dining room (the breakfast chef is a sculptress). Ciro worked in some of London's best restaurants before heading west to go it alone and will whisk up culinary delights for dinner. In good weather you can eat his ambrosial food in a small, lush courtyard garden, perhaps langoustine with mango and chives, rack of lamb with herbes de Provence, warm apple tart with armagnac sorbet. Breakfast – also served in the courtyard when the sun shines – is a feast. Stylish rooms are the final delight: seaside colours, well-dressed beds, freshly cut flowers, flat-screen TVs, super little bathrooms.
- Wheelchair access
- At least one bedroom & bathroom accessible.
- Limited mobility
- At least one bedroom & bathroom accessible without steps.
- Children welcome
- Kids of all ages can stay.
- No smoking
- Smoking not permitted anywhere in the property.
- Credit cards
- Credit or debit card payment accepted.
- English spoken
- Host speaks English, whether perfectly or not.
- Air conditioning
- Some, if not all, bedrooms are air-conditioned.
- Wireless internet access available.
- Pets welcome
- Pets allowed in bedrooms (not on the bed).
- Public transport
- Within 10 miles of a bus/train station.
- Working farm
- Or vineyard.
- Owner has pets
- Animals living on the property.
- Swimming pool
- On the premises.
- Bikes available
- On the premises to hire or borrow.
- Tennis court
- On the premises.
- Vegetarian meals
- Available on request.
- Licensed premises
- Alcohol may be served.
- Cash only
- Credit or debit card payment not accepted.
- Dogs welcome
- Dogs welcome in some public rooms.
- Handpumped ales
- Pub serves four or more handpumped ales.
- Wine list
- Pub serves eight or more wines by the glass.
- Food all day
- Food is served all day long.
- Babies welcome
- Cot may be provided.
- 4 Doubles
- 1 Twin/double
Possible minimum 2 nights at weekends & bank holidays.
Cornwall Terrace, Penzance, TR18 4HL, Cornwall