Crook Road, Windermere, LA23 3NE,
England, United Kingdom
Gilpin is one of the loveliest places to stay in the country, simple as that. Run by two generations of the same family, it delivers at every turn, its staff delightful, its food divine – a treasure trove of beautiful things. It is a country house that has moved with the times, its sparkling interiors a beautiful fusion of contemporary and traditional styles. Cool elegance flows throughout – smouldering coals, Zoffany wallpaper, gilded mirrors, flowers everywhere. Afternoon tea is served every day, the wine cellar is on display in the bar, there's a beautiful sitting room in golden hues that overflows with art. Doors open onto a pretty terrace, perfect for Pimms in the sun; magnolia trees, cherry blossom and a copper beech wait in the garden. Bedrooms are divine: crisp white linen, exquisite fabrics, delicious art, fabulous bathrooms; garden suites have contemporary flair and hot tubs on private terraces. As for the food, it's marvellous stuff, perhaps poached pear with blue cheese mousse, Cartmel venison with liquorice and brambles, chocolate tart with orange sherbet and fennel ice. Unbeatable.
- Wheelchair access
- At least one bedroom & bathroom accessible.
- Limited mobility
- At least one bedroom & bathroom accessible without steps.
- Children welcome
- Kids of all ages can stay.
- No smoking
- Smoking not permitted anywhere in the property.
- Credit cards
- Credit or debit card payment accepted.
- English spoken
- Host speaks English, whether perfectly or not.
- Air conditioning
- Some, if not all, bedrooms are air-conditioned.
- Wireless internet access available.
- Pets welcome
- Pets allowed in bedrooms (not on the bed).
- Public transport
- Within 10 miles of a bus/train station.
- Working farm
- Or vineyard.
- Owner has pets
- Animals living on the property.
- Swimming pool
- On the premises.
- Bikes available
- On the premises to hire or borrow.
- Tennis court
- On the premises.
- Vegetarian meals
- Available on request.
- Licensed premises
- Alcohol may be served.
- Cash only
- Credit or debit card payment not accepted.
- Dogs welcome
- Dogs welcome in some public rooms.
- Handpumped ales
- Pub serves four or more handpumped ales.
- Wine list
- Pub serves eight or more wines by the glass.
- Food all day
- Food is served all day long.
- Babies welcome
- Cot may be provided.
Have you visited Gilpin Hotel?Tell us your thoughts.
- 8 Doubles
- 12 Twin/doubles
- 6 Suites for 2
Special Offer: Christmas at Gilpin Hotel with Complimentary Night - Spend a magical Christmas at Gilpin, enjoy 4 nights and arrive a day early to enjoy an extra complimentary night on a bed and breakfast basis. From £2,150 per room per stay (double occupancy)
Minimum two nights at weekends. Special rates for three or more nights.
Crook Road, Windermere, LA23 3NE, Cumbria