No 1 Silverbank
England, United Kingdom
A tiny lane ends in a terrace of three cottages, bright white against the backdrop of the fells. This is a marvellously peaceful place and the starry skies are unforgettable. Your 200-year-old cottage comes with a simple but decidedly stylish interior. Cream walls in the big open-plan living room contrast with beams and glossy oak floorboards, rich brown leather mixes with cream canvas chairs, and at the centre is a wooden spiral staircase. Bedrooms, too, are understatedly luxurious, with big sleigh beds – and magical views. One has a tiny, angled stable door, another a free-standing tub in the room itself, by a teensy window with a view of the garden. Everything feels generous, including the Shaker-style kitchen lavishly equipped. Outside is a big steep garden, lovely with neat lawns and a patio with stunning views. You're welcomed with flowers, candles and homemade fudge, and Molton Brown treats in the en suite shower: Fay and Antony ensure every detail is perfect. Don't miss the National Trust gondola round Coniston Water – it stops off at magnificent Brantwood House.
- Children welcome
- Kids of all ages can stay.
- No smoking
- Smoking not permitted anywhere in the property.
- Wireless internet access available.
Open fire / woodburner
Cooked meals available
Shop within 3 miles
Little gems of local knowledge from Fay Gorman Hext:
- Chef and waitress available for dinner parties.
- Luxury private yacht trips.
- Perfect position for fell walking and cycling.
- Honeymoon and bespoke trips arranged.
- Spa days and massages available.
- 5 minutes to various pubs, restaurants & lake.
Have you visited No 1 Silverbank?Tell us your thoughts.
- 1 Cottage for 6