The Old Hall Inn
Whitehough, Chinley, High Peak, SK23 6EJ,
England, United Kingdom
Welcome to a glorious stone built 16th-century coaching inn and Elizabethan manor house, family run and country pub in character with reclaimed flagstones, chunky wooden furniture, padded pews, stools, real fires and local maps, blueprints and archive photos. Find a staggering ten cask ales on tap from local brewers Thornbridge, Bollington and Abbeydale amongst others, with their own to arrive as soon as Dan perfects the brew. Helpful staff will guide you through a multitude of bottled European and US craft beers, lagers and ciders, great wines, malts and cognacs. Food ranges from pub classics to more gourmet choices, provenance is impeccable; try locally shot game pie with braised red cabbage and handmade chips. The cheese board is special too. Eat in the main bar area or for a treat head next door to the old hall and dine beneath the beamed minstrels' gallery. You can stay here or at the charming sister pub, the Old Paper Mill, a stone's throw across the garden: all rooms have a modern country style with super patchwork quilts in some, oak furniture, wooden and brass beds and big colour photographs of gorgeous Derbyshire.
- Wheelchair access
- At least one bedroom & bathroom accessible.
- Limited mobility
- At least one bedroom & bathroom accessible without steps.
- Children welcome
- Kids of all ages can stay.
- No smoking
- Smoking not permitted anywhere in the property.
- Credit cards
- Credit or debit card payment accepted.
- English spoken
- Host speaks English, whether perfectly or not.
- Air conditioning
- Some, if not all, bedrooms are air-conditioned.
- Wireless internet access available.
- Pets welcome
- Pets allowed in bedrooms (not on the bed).
- Public transport
- Within 10 miles of a bus/train station.
- Working farm
- Or vineyard.
- Owner has pets
- Animals living on the property.
- Swimming pool
- On the premises.
- Bikes available
- On the premises to hire or borrow.
- Tennis court
- On the premises.
- Vegetarian meals
- Available on request.
- Licensed premises
- Alcohol may be served.
- Cash only
- Credit or debit card payment not accepted.
- Dogs welcome
- Dogs welcome in some public rooms.
- Handpumped ales
- Pub serves four or more handpumped ales.
- Wine list
- Pub serves eight or more wines by the glass.
- Food all day
- Food is served all day long.
- Babies welcome
- Cot may be provided.
Have you visited The Old Hall Inn?Tell us your thoughts.
- 8 Doubles
Whitehough, Chinley, High Peak, SK23 6EJ, Derbyshire
The Old Hall Inn is also a Special Place to Eat & Drink