Bickington, Ashburton, TQ12 6JS,
England, United Kingdom
At the end of a long bumpy track, the hideaway mine captain’s house may have few original features but the woodland setting is gorgeous. Mary and Dick have a finely judged sense of humour; labradors Archie and Cobble will charm you. It is simple, rural, close to the Moors, with woodland birds and a gentle river to unwind stressed souls. Carpeted bedrooms have a faded floral charm and pretty stream views; bathrooms are plain. Enjoy local sausages and Mary’s marmalade for breakfast, a lovely garden and amazing bluebells in spring; walks from the house are sublime. Great value, and dogs are welcome too!
- Children welcome
- Kids of all ages can stay.
- No smoking
- Smoking not permitted anywhere in the property.
- Wireless internet access available.
- Pets welcome
- Pets allowed in bedrooms (not on the bed).
- Public transport
- Within 10 miles of a bus/train station.
- Owner has pets
- Animals living on the property.
- Vegetarian meals
- Available on request.
Have you visited Hooks Cottage?Tell us your thoughts.
- 1 Double
- 1 Twin
Bickington, Ashburton, TQ12 6JS, Devon