Strete Barton House
Totnes Road, Strete, Dartmouth, TQ6 0RU,
England, United Kingdom
Contemporary, friendly, exotic and exquisite: French sleigh beds and Asian art, white basins and black chandeliers, and a garden with sofas for the views. So much to love – and best of all, the coastal path outside the door. Your caring hosts live the dream, running immaculate B&B by the sea, in an old manor house at the top of the village. Breakfasts are exuberantly local (village eggs, sausages from Dartmouth, honey from the bay), there’s a wood-burner in the sitting room, warm toasty floors and Kevin and Stuart know exactly which beach, walk or pub is the one for you. Heavenly.
- Wheelchair access
- At least one bedroom & bathroom accessible.
- Limited mobility
- At least one bedroom & bathroom accessible without steps.
- Children welcome
- Kids of all ages can stay.
- No smoking
- Smoking not permitted anywhere in the property.
- Credit cards
- Credit or debit card payment accepted.
- English spoken
- Host speaks English, whether perfectly or not.
- Air conditioning
- Some, if not all, bedrooms are air-conditioned.
- Wireless internet access available.
- Pets welcome
- Pets allowed in bedrooms (not on the bed).
- Public transport
- Within 10 miles of a bus/train station.
- Working farm
- Or vineyard.
- Owner has pets
- Animals living on the property.
- Swimming pool
- On the premises.
- Bikes available
- On the premises to hire or borrow.
- Tennis court
- On the premises.
- Vegetarian meals
- Available on request.
- Licensed premises
- Alcohol may be served.
- Cash only
- Credit or debit card payment not accepted.
- Dogs welcome
- Dogs welcome in some public rooms.
- Handpumped ales
- Pub serves four or more handpumped ales.
- Wine list
- Pub serves eight or more wines by the glass.
- Food all day
- Food is served all day long.
- Babies welcome
- Cot may be provided.
Local points of interest from
Stuart Litster & Kevin Hooper:
- Blackpool Sands – Crescent shaped beach set in a sheltered bay surrounded by evergreens and pines with turquoise blue sea giving it an almost Mediterranean feel.
- Slapton Ley and Beach - Long stretch of beach and the largest freshwater lake in South West England.
- South West Coast Path – Dramatic walks including, Strete to Little Dartmouth, East Prawle and Start Point.
- Dartmouth – Picturesque market town set on the banks of the estuary of the River Dart with numerous shops and great places to eat.
- Greenway - National Trust; the former home of Agatha Christie set on the banks of the River Dart.
- Coleton Fishacre - National Trust; a glorious garden by the sea, with an Arts & Crafts-style house, featuring Art Deco-influenced interiors.
Have you visited Strete Barton House?Tell us your thoughts.
- 3 Doubles
- 2 Twin/doubles
- 1 Suite
Minimum two nights in summer.
Totnes Road, Strete, Dartmouth, TQ6 0RU, Devon