Torrs Park, Ilfracombe,
England, United Kingdom
Skip back from seaside rock pools to your giant Victorian house, built for an Admiral, now a fantastic place for messing around with friends and family. So much space: in the vast living room, find a huge dining table, log fire, bright paintings and cushions, funky lamps, 42-inch Sky TV, a trunk bursting with games. The kitchen has yellow walls and colourful Victorian tiles and is kitted out to cook up a feast: a two-oven Aga, separate cooker, heaps of pots and pans. On sunny days, spill out to the terrace, from which you can spy the sea. Seven simple, uncluttered bedrooms are scattered about the two upper floors, two with their own showers, others sharing big bathrooms with deep baths and sparkling showers. With mostly wooden or Victorian-tiled floors, no precious ornaments, a safe, fenced terrace and large natural garden (with Wendy house) you can let kids loose. Escape to the 'vine room' conservatory (dripping with grapes and nectarines in season) or a secluded garden halfway up the drive. The South West Coast Path runs right past; seasidey Ilfracombe is on your doorstep; vast and sandy Woolcombe beach is a ten-minute drive; the moors just a little further. There's no fuss and no bother, so don't hold back: this house was made for lazing about, mucking around and good old-fashioned fun.
- Children welcome
- Kids of all ages can stay.
- No smoking
- Smoking not permitted anywhere in the property.
- Wireless internet access available.
- Pets welcome
- Pets allowed in bedrooms (not on the bed).
Open fire / woodburner
Cooked meals available
Shop within 3 miles
Little gems of local knowledge from Kirstie Jackson:
- Nearest beach a 5 min walk - www.tunnelsbeaches.co.uk
- Learn to surf at Woolacombe Bay, the 3 miles of golden sand is a 10 min drive
- Damien Hirst's highly acclaimed restaurant, No 11 The Quay, is a 15 min walk
- Walk out the back gate directly onto the South West Coastal Path - explore the dramatic cliffs & stunning sea views
- Exmoor, with its wild scenery, ponies & walks, is a 20 min drive
- Use the magnificent kitchen to cook delicious Ilfracombe caught fish & other lovely local produce
Have you visited The Quarry?Tell us your thoughts.
- 1 House for 13
3 night weekends from £1200.
Torrs Park, Ilfracombe, Devon