Chaffeymoor, Bourton, Gillingham,
England, United Kingdom
Imagine twirling under the stars on terraced lawns, in the lap of a striking 17th-century manor house. The Oak Room's panelling embraces you; deep sofas, bucket chairs, fresh flowers and a wood-burner in the fireplace invite you stay. Cooks will love the kitchen's state-of-the-art gas range, and there's full catering, too – a personal chef to spoil you with hampers and dinners. An intimate dining room, a slate-floored breakfast area and a games room make this a brilliant place for house parties and celebrations; now there’s a playroom too, in the cellar with a big TV, so everyone will be happy. Bright, sleek furnishings combine with noble old beams in this much-loved house, and the views from every window are spectacular. Ten ample and stylish bedrooms spread themselves over two upper floors; en suite bathrooms are super-sleek. Outside, you have the run of five acres – a playground of fountains, wildlife, a small lake, tennis on the private court, croquet on the tended lawn. Not only are you in an Area of Outstanding Beauty, you’re within easy reach of Longleat, Stourhead, Bath – and you can walk to the pub.
- Wheelchair access
- At least one bedroom & bathroom accessible.
- Limited mobility
- At least one bedroom & bathroom accessible without steps.
- Children welcome
- Kids of all ages can stay.
- No smoking
- Smoking not permitted anywhere in the property.
- Credit cards
- Credit or debit card payment accepted.
- English spoken
- Host speaks English, whether perfectly or not.
- Air conditioning
- Some, if not all, bedrooms are air-conditioned.
- Wireless internet access available.
- Pets welcome
- Pets allowed in bedrooms (not on the bed).
- Public transport
- Within 10 miles of a bus/train station.
- Working farm
- Or vineyard.
- Owner has pets
- Animals living on the property.
- Swimming pool
- On the premises.
- Bikes available
- On the premises to hire or borrow.
- Tennis court
- On the premises.
- Vegetarian meals
- Available on request.
- Licensed premises
- Alcohol may be served.
- Cash only
- Credit or debit card payment not accepted.
- Dogs welcome
- Dogs welcome in some public rooms.
- Handpumped ales
- Pub serves four or more handpumped ales.
- Wine list
- Pub serves eight or more wines by the glass.
- Food all day
- Food is served all day long.
- Babies welcome
- Cot may be provided.
Open fire / woodburner
Cooked meals available
Shop within 3 miles
Local points of interest from
- Fabulous walking/cycling country
- Wireless broadband & centrally controlled sound system
- Conference & Team building facilities available
- Croquet, Tennis & Garden games on-site
- Full Catering Service if required
- Bath, Longleat & Stourhead Gardens close by
Have you visited Chaffeymoor Grange?Tell us your thoughts.
- 1 House for 20
Special Offer: Save £500 on a weekend break in January/February - Sleep 20 for 2 nights for £3,000 or 3 nights for £3,500, on all remaining weekends in Jan/Feb. Midweek rentals from £1,800 for 2 nights.
Chaffeymoor, Bourton, Gillingham, Dorset