Tarrant Launceston, Blandford Forum, DT11 8BY,
England, United Kingdom
Farmhouse chic in the most glorious of surroundings. The bedrooms, all named after the fields, are an exquisite blend of contemporary and traditional; two have roll tops in the room itself. Take tea by the open fire or find a secluded spot in the ornamental, walled gardens. Breakfast and candlelit dinner are farm-sourced and deliciously rustic. Sarah, who was born in this listed house, provides a truly relaxing stay; son Jimi’s organic farm tours are a must and there are footpaths through the surrounding AONB from the door. You will leave this country retreat feeling completely rejuvenated.
- Wheelchair access
- At least one bedroom & bathroom accessible.
- Limited mobility
- At least one bedroom & bathroom accessible without steps.
- Children welcome
- Kids of all ages can stay.
- No smoking
- Smoking not permitted anywhere in the property.
- Credit cards
- Credit or debit card payment accepted.
- English spoken
- Host speaks English, whether perfectly or not.
- Air conditioning
- Some, if not all, bedrooms are air-conditioned.
- Wireless internet access available.
- Pets welcome
- Pets allowed in bedrooms (not on the bed).
- Public transport
- Within 10 miles of a bus/train station.
- Working farm
- Or vineyard.
- Owner has pets
- Animals living on the property.
- Swimming pool
- On the premises.
- Bikes available
- On the premises to hire or borrow.
- Tennis court
- On the premises.
- Vegetarian meals
- Available on request.
- Licensed premises
- Alcohol may be served.
- Cash only
- Credit or debit card payment not accepted.
- Dogs welcome
- Dogs welcome in some public rooms.
- Handpumped ales
- Pub serves four or more handpumped ales.
- Wine list
- Pub serves eight or more wines by the glass.
- Food all day
- Food is served all day long.
- Babies welcome
- Cot may be provided.
Local points of interest from
- Guests can take tea and cake in the ornamental walled gardens or by the open fire in the guest lounge. If you fancy something stronger help yourself to a drink from the honesty bar.
- Farm-sourced breakfasts are not to be missed. Bacon and sausage from the farm's rare breed pigs and eggs from the chickens scratching round the orchard served up cordon bleu style.
- Soak up the sights, sounds and smells of Launceston Farm on a lively tour of the 900 acre farm and organic beef herd with charismatic young farmer Jimi.
- Foodies will be in in heaven with the diverse range and quality of local pubs, eateries, delis and cafes in the area; all rigorously assessed by the owners! Take a walking tour from the farm or set off to the Jurassic coast for the catch of the day.
- Explore the Cranborne Chase Area of Outstanding Natural Beauty from the farm gate. Walk, cycle or ride. The Farm has secure storage for bikes and stabling for horses. Bikes for hire.
- Shop in Georgian market towns with interesting, independent retailers and history around every corner. Our favourites are Salisbury, Shaftesbury, Sherborne and Dorchester particularly on market days.
Have you visited Launceston Farm?Tell us your thoughts.
- 4 Doubles
- 2 Twin/doubles
Over 12s welcome.
Tarrant Launceston, Blandford Forum, DT11 8BY, Dorset