Wells Road, Bisley,
England, United Kingdom
Houses and narrow lanes totter down the valley. Pull up at the Seven Wells, where a stone basin protected by gothic arches collects spring water. Dove Cottage is right opposite. The 200-year-old local-stone building has been split into two; the welcoming Ridler Duttons live on one side with their dogs, chickens and boys, while guests stay next door in the sweet one-up, one-down cottage. Drink in the views down the valley, then step in to a charming interior of cream walls and flagstone floors. Underfloor heating and a wood-burning stove keep things cosy while the big comfy sofa, perfect for snuggling up on with a DVD, can be converted into a bed for children. The kitchen has wooden units, smart modern appliances and a chunky country table for leisurely meals. Climb the narrow stairs to the bedroom, where beams washed pale blue sit perfectly with exposed stone walls, windows peep out to green views, and a romantic sleigh bed is decked luxuriously in Egyptian cotton. The bathroom leads off the bedroom and comes with a palatial shower. Outside is your own little patio with tables and chairs, and you may share the family's cottage garden. The village is a gem, with three churches, two genuinely local pubs and a handy shop or two.
- Children welcome
- Kids of all ages can stay.
- No smoking
- Smoking not permitted anywhere in the property.
Open fire / woodburner
Cooked meals available
Shop within 3 miles
Little gems of local knowledge from Vanessa Ridler Dutton:
- A Grade 2 listed stone cottage - an idyllic romantic get-away
- Close to Cotswold Way, and surrounded by excellent walking country
- Cheltenham's Gold Cup and Racing are accessible in 25 mins.
- The beautiful Cotswolds, without the addition of the tourists!
- Well behaved dogs are welcome
- Well Dressing on Ascension Day, is directly opposite the cottage
Have you visited Dove Cottage?Tell us your thoughts.
- 1 Cottage for 2
Weekend rates £225-£295.
Wells Road, Bisley, Gloucestershire