The Corner House
21a Wainsford Road, Lymington,
England, United Kingdom
Lymington is a yachtie hub: a very pretty harbour and town with bags of maritime history, close to beaches and trips to the Isle of Wight. Three miles from these pleasures, opposite a leafy graveyard and a church, is the Corner House, a contemporary L-shaped house that cuts a dash among its neighbours. London-based owners imported this stylish structure in kit form from Austria – a pine frame with larch cladding and a green sedum roof. Sunlight pours in through sliding glass windows, there's underfloor heating and an amazing revolving wood-burner with a red ceramic surround: all feels deliciously cosy. Floors, doors and staircases are of beautiful mellow oak, walls are pure white with splashes of colour from modern art; DVDs, books and games make you feel at home. Off upstairs' small landing are three simple white bedrooms, one a cute bunk room for kids; from the big shared bathroom you overlook the pine trees. Down in the basement – ideal for a teenager – is a secluded fourth room and a shower. Walk to the shops, return to a sleek, well-equipped kitchen and dine al fresco in the suntrap courtyard. Bring bikes and you can pedal off into the New Forest, this is ideal biking and trekking terrain.
- Children welcome
- Kids of all ages can stay.
- No smoking
- Smoking not permitted anywhere in the property.
- Wireless internet access available.
- Public transport
- Within 10 miles of a bus/train station.
Open fire / woodburner
Cooked meals available
Shop within 3 miles
Little gems of local knowledge from Sam Stork:
- Take the puffin ferry from Lymington to Yarmouth
- Cycle 2 miles south to Keyhaven for great views of the Solent and visit The Gun, a nice pub for lunch.
- Cycle or drive a couple of miles north to the New Forest where you can ramble and mountain bike freely across the moors and forests.
- Beaulieu is a beautiful village 8 miles to the East with a lovely walk to Bucklers Hard or a good day out at the Motor Museum.
- The New Forest Open top bus leaves from the top of Lymington High Street (a 15 minute walk away) and is a great way to get an overview of the Forest.
- Just 5 minutes walk away is Lymington Leisure Centre which has a lovely swimming pool and sauna suite.
Have you visited The Corner House?Tell us your thoughts.
- 1 House for 8
Short breaks available.
21a Wainsford Road, Lymington, Hampshire