The Threshing Barn
Stocks Lane, Privett, GU34 3NZ,
England, United Kingdom
You are on the edge of the rolling Meon valley in the South Downs National Park. The approach through hedge-lined lanes is bucolic and the beautifully restored barn sits on a conservation award-winning farm run by John. You have quiet independence in the glorious bothy – a beamed and light space with a big walk-in shower. Find flowers, a comfortable bed and feather and down pillows. Guests are greeted with tea, breakfast is a local or home-grown extravaganza (check out Emma's borage honey) and views are to one of the tallest village church spires in Hampshire.
- Wheelchair access
- At least one bedroom & bathroom accessible.
- Limited mobility
- At least one bedroom & bathroom accessible without steps.
- Children welcome
- Kids of all ages can stay.
- No smoking
- Smoking not permitted anywhere in the property.
- Credit cards
- Credit or debit card payment accepted.
- English spoken
- Host speaks English, whether perfectly or not.
- Air conditioning
- Some, if not all, bedrooms are air-conditioned.
- Wireless internet access available.
- Pets welcome
- Pets allowed in bedrooms (not on the bed).
- Public transport
- Within 10 miles of a bus/train station.
- Working farm
- Or vineyard.
- Owner has pets
- Animals living on the property.
- Swimming pool
- On the premises.
- Bikes available
- On the premises to hire or borrow.
- Tennis court
- On the premises.
- Vegetarian meals
- Available on request.
- Licensed premises
- Alcohol may be served.
- Cash only
- Credit or debit card payment not accepted.
- Dogs welcome
- Dogs welcome in some public rooms.
- Handpumped ales
- Pub serves four or more handpumped ales.
- Wine list
- Pub serves eight or more wines by the glass.
- Food all day
- Food is served all day long.
- Babies welcome
- Cot may be provided.
Local points of interest from
- An excellent base for walking the South Downs Way. 100 miles for cyclists, walkers and riders from Winchester to Eastbourne.
- 20 miles to the Historic Dockyards of Portsmouth. Home to HMS Victory, HMS Warrior and the recently opened Mary Rose ship and museum.
- Close to the Watercress Line Steam Railway, which runs from the attractive Hampshire town of Alresford to Alton.
- 3 miles from The National Trust's Hinton Ampner House and gardens.
- The City of Winchester with its majestic cathedral and many historical attractions is only 12 miles away.
- Close to the home of Jane Austen, Hampshires best know author.
Have you visited The Threshing Barn?Tell us your thoughts.
- 1 Twin/double
Stocks Lane, Privett, GU34 3NZ, Hampshire