The Barn, Old House Farm
Newton St. Margarets, Hereford,
England, United Kingdom
Down twisting green lanes, the mountains beyond, this old oak timbered barn has a beautiful setting. Myra has poured heart and soul into a conversion that fits in perfectly with the landscape; the use of natural materials is respectful and rusticity abounds. The flagstoned hallway, with big sofa and piano, leads to a sitting room with two sofas, sumptuous fabrics and a beamed fireplace bursting with logs: a fusion of easy elegance and simplicity. The open-plan kitchen has handmade cupboards, an old Rayburn, a hamper of local goodies, even fairy lights! It's a convivial space. Outside: a terrace with deckchairs, an old pine table with benches, a lovely wild garden. Beamed colour-washed bedrooms upstairs have wrought-iron French beds and vintage quilts, and there's a comfortable sofabed on the mezzanine. The big bathroom is bright and heaped with white towels; the double's shower room has striking limestone tiles. Revel in the peace and quiet of this small working Herefordshire farm; bring the family or come as a couple for a real treat. There are wild woods for children to play in and gorgeous walks from the door.
- Wheelchair access
- At least one bedroom & bathroom accessible.
- Limited mobility
- At least one bedroom & bathroom accessible without steps.
- Children welcome
- Kids of all ages can stay.
- No smoking
- Smoking not permitted anywhere in the property.
- Credit cards
- Credit or debit card payment accepted.
- English spoken
- Host speaks English, whether perfectly or not.
- Air conditioning
- Some, if not all, bedrooms are air-conditioned.
- Wireless internet access available.
- Pets welcome
- Pets allowed in bedrooms (not on the bed).
- Public transport
- Within 10 miles of a bus/train station.
- Working farm
- Or vineyard.
- Owner has pets
- Animals living on the property.
- Swimming pool
- On the premises.
- Bikes available
- On the premises to hire or borrow.
- Tennis court
- On the premises.
- Vegetarian meals
- Available on request.
- Licensed premises
- Alcohol may be served.
- Cash only
- Credit or debit card payment not accepted.
- Dogs welcome
- Dogs welcome in some public rooms.
- Handpumped ales
- Pub serves four or more handpumped ales.
- Wine list
- Pub serves eight or more wines by the glass.
- Food all day
- Food is served all day long.
- Babies welcome
- Cot may be provided.
Open fire / woodburner
Cooked meals available
Shop within 3 miles
Local points of interest from
- Quirky town of Hay on Wye famous worldwide for second hand books
- Hay Literary Festival 26th May- 5th June 2011
- The Hardwick Abergavenny gastro pub 14 miles
- The Abergavenny food festival 19-20 September
- Wonderful walks in the Black Mountains (4miles) Offas Dyke Trail and a good local pub
- Ludlow food festival
Have you visited The Barn, Old House Farm?Tell us your thoughts.
- 1 Barn for 5
Newton St. Margarets, Hereford, Herefordshire