Tirrells House & Dansey House
Brinsop Court, Brinsop, Hereford,
England, United Kingdom
The setting is magical: travel back in time. You sweep down the drive, then spin up to a magnificent 14th-century manor house. You're deep in the country with 800 acres of woodland and pasture around you; a medieval carp pond plays host to visiting ducks. The house is built of pink Herefordshire stone and it shines inside and out. Through the ancient oak door find timber frames, old beams, mullioned windows, the odd panelled wall. Some Victorian refinements were made in Arts & Crafts style, now 21st-century comforts have been added. Downstairs is a dining-room hall, a fabulous sitting room, and a well-stocked kitchen where you cook on an Aga. Bedrooms upstairs fit the bill perfectly. One is enormous, another has a barrel-vaulted ceiling, all are lovely, with fine bathrooms and robes to pad about in. Next-door Dansey house – equally dreamy – can interconnect for bigger parties; its terrace overlooks the moat. There's tennis, walking, you can hire bikes nearby, and if you want to be thoroughly spoiled, a chef will come to cook for you. Wordsworth stayed here, too.
- Limited mobility
- At least one bedroom & bathroom accessible without steps.
- Children welcome
- Kids of all ages can stay.
- No smoking
- Smoking not permitted anywhere in the property.
- Credit cards
- Credit or debit card payment accepted.
- Wireless internet access available.
- Public transport
- Within 10 miles of a bus/train station.
- Working farm
- Or vineyard.
- Tennis court
- On the premises.
Open fire / woodburner
Cooked meals available
Shop within 3 miles
Little gems of local knowledge from Pat & Martin Churchward:
- Hay Festival 31st May - 10th June 2012 only 20mins drive
- National Hunt Racing at Hereford, Ludlow, Chepstow & Cheltenham
- Bell Inn 5mins drive - all local fayre
- Canoeing down the River Wye
- Golf Courses choice of two within 5mins drive
- Walking in 800acres of private woodland & farmland and bikes for hire.
Have you visited Tirrells House & Dansey House?Tell us your thoughts.
- 2 Houses for 7
Short breaks £725-£895. Pets welcome downstairs. 2 extra double rooms also available from £48 per night, min 3 nights.
Brinsop Court, Brinsop, Hereford, Herefordshire