The Royal Harbour Hotel
10-11 Nelson Crescent, Ramsgate, CT11 9JF,
England, United Kingdom
This quirky townhouse hotel stands on a Georgian crescent with magnificent views of harbour and sea. Simplicity, elegance and eccentricity go hand in hand. The whimsical sitting room has stripped floors, gorgeous armchairs, a crackling fire and an honesty bar. Beautiful things abound: a roll-top desk, lovely art, potted palms, a miniature orange tree bearing fruit. There are binoculars with which to scan the high seas (Ramsgate was home to the Commander of the Channel Fleet), books by the hundred for a good read (Dickens's Bleak House is up the road in Broadstairs) and a library of DVDs for the telly in your room. Bedrooms at the front are tiny, but have the view, those at the back are bigger and quieter. The suite has a coal fire and French windows that open onto small balconies. You get crisp linen, duck down pillows and good little shower rooms. Breakfast is a leisurely feast with cured hams from James's brother, while dinner in the claret-walled Empire room offers proper English cooking, perhaps game terrine, Dover sole, apple and gingerbread crumble.
- Wheelchair access
- At least one bedroom & bathroom accessible.
- Limited mobility
- At least one bedroom & bathroom accessible without steps.
- Children welcome
- Kids of all ages can stay.
- No smoking
- Smoking not permitted anywhere in the property.
- Credit cards
- Credit or debit card payment accepted.
- English spoken
- Host speaks English, whether perfectly or not.
- Air conditioning
- Some, if not all, bedrooms are air-conditioned.
- Wireless internet access available.
- Pets welcome
- Pets allowed in bedrooms (not on the bed).
- Public transport
- Within 10 miles of a bus/train station.
- Working farm
- Or vineyard.
- Owner has pets
- Animals living on the property.
- Swimming pool
- On the premises.
- Bikes available
- On the premises to hire or borrow.
- Tennis court
- On the premises.
- Vegetarian meals
- Available on request.
- Licensed premises
- Alcohol may be served.
- Cash only
- Credit or debit card payment not accepted.
- Dogs welcome
- Dogs welcome in some public rooms.
- Handpumped ales
- Pub serves four or more handpumped ales.
- Wine list
- Pub serves eight or more wines by the glass.
- Food all day
- Food is served all day long.
- Babies welcome
- Cot may be provided.
Have you visited The Royal Harbour Hotel?Tell us your thoughts.
- 14 Doubles
- 2 Family rooms for 4
- 2 Singles
- 1 Suite for 2
Minimum stay two nights at weekends in high season.
10-11 Nelson Crescent, Ramsgate, CT11 9JF, Kent