The White Cliffs Hotel & Trading Co.
High Street, St Margaret’s-at-Cliffe, Dover, CT15 6AT,
England, United Kingdom
You're lost in the last folds of England with the beach at the bottom of the hill and the White Cliffs of Dover soaring above, so climb up for views that stretch across to France. This pretty weatherboard hotel stands a mile back from the water with a fine Norman church across the road that's shielded by a curtain of lush trees. Inside, airy interiors come with stripped floors, sandblasted beams, contemporary art and an open fire in the sitting room/bar. Best of all is the walled garden with climbing roses, colourful borders and a trim lawn that plays host to Sunday lunch in summer. Bedrooms are all over the place. Those in the main house are bigger and more sophisticated, and come in bold colours with silky curtains, gilt mirrors and the odd four-poster. Garden rooms are altogether more simple, but good value for money. Expect summer colours, wooden beds, trim carpets and crisp linen. In the restaurant there's meat from Kent, fish from local waters and a children's menu, too. Dover Castle and Sandwich are close and you can use the pool and spa at Wallett's Court, the other half of Gavin's empire.
- Wheelchair access
- At least one bedroom & bathroom accessible.
- Limited mobility
- At least one bedroom & bathroom accessible without steps.
- Children welcome
- Kids of all ages can stay.
- No smoking
- Smoking not permitted anywhere in the property.
- Credit cards
- Credit or debit card payment accepted.
- English spoken
- Host speaks English, whether perfectly or not.
- Air conditioning
- Some, if not all, bedrooms are air-conditioned.
- Wireless internet access available.
- Pets welcome
- Pets allowed in bedrooms (not on the bed).
- Public transport
- Within 10 miles of a bus/train station.
- Working farm
- Or vineyard.
- Owner has pets
- Animals living on the property.
- Swimming pool
- On the premises.
- Bikes available
- On the premises to hire or borrow.
- Tennis court
- On the premises.
- Vegetarian meals
- Available on request.
- Licensed premises
- Alcohol may be served.
- Cash only
- Credit or debit card payment not accepted.
- Dogs welcome
- Dogs welcome in some public rooms.
- Handpumped ales
- Pub serves four or more handpumped ales.
- Wine list
- Pub serves eight or more wines by the glass.
- Food all day
- Food is served all day long.
- Babies welcome
- Cot may be provided.
Have you visited The White Cliffs Hotel & Trading Co.?Tell us your thoughts.
- 9 Doubles
- 1 Triple
- 1 Twin
- 2 Singles
- 2 Family rooms for 4
High Street, St Margaret’s-at-Cliffe, Dover, CT15 6AT, Kent