Narford Road, Narborough,
England, United Kingdom
A perfect Norfolk bolthole: fall under its spell the moment you arrive. Many come primed to tour coast and country – then never step beyond the front door. Half hacienda, half hunting lodge, it's built around a central courtyard. In summer, walls of glass open so you can spin out for ping pong or a dip in the hot tub, then light the barbecue. Cathedral ceilings and rustic walls run throughout, and you get the best of everything: heated floors, wonderful colours, tartan-clad sofas, a vast carved eagle, piles of vintage luggage, and a huge fireplace in the sitting room. Bedrooms are just as good. One has a four-poster seemingly made from branches freshly gathered from the forest, another has saddles hanging from its beams. All have robes in divine bathrooms and there's a bunkroom for kids. In summer, a tipi stands on the front lawn strewn with cushions and rugs. WiFi, hi-fi, TV and DVD will entertain you, while a chef can be arranged if you don't wish to cook. Fighter planes come and go every now and then from Marham Air Base – they don't linger, nor do they work weekends!
- Wheelchair access
- At least one bedroom & bathroom accessible.
- Limited mobility
- At least one bedroom & bathroom accessible without steps.
- Children welcome
- Kids of all ages can stay.
- Credit cards
- Credit or debit card payment accepted.
- Wireless internet access available.
- Pets welcome
- Pets allowed in bedrooms (not on the bed).
- Public transport
- Within 10 miles of a bus/train station.
- Bikes available
- On the premises to hire or borrow.
Open fire / woodburner
Cooked meals available
Shop within 3 miles
Little gems of local knowledge from Paul Brewster:
- Full Catering service offered.
- Wedding Venue with license.
- Activities can be arranged.
- Cycle hire.
- Amazing beaches just 20mins away.
- Horse Riding.
Have you visited Cliff Barns?Tell us your thoughts.
- 1 Barn for 18
Short breaks £3,290-£3,690.
Narford Road, Narborough, Norfolk