North Farm Cottages
England, United Kingdom
Artists are inspired by wide open country views and by the farm's craft studios: a weaver, printmaker, stone carver and David, whose ceramics you'll find in your kitchen. Musicians are inspired by the piano room and birdsong; historians by vintage farm machines. Everyone will love these two eco-friendly cottages, beautifully converted from wooden cart barns. Light pours into a lofty farmhouse kitchen with colourful tiles, fun fabrics and a big table at which a family can gather, cook and eat. At the other end is a rugged and cushioned sitting room for a game, DVD or a quiet read on the rocking chair. Glazed doors burst out to a fenced, flower-fringed lawn, so barbecue and send the kids out to play – or feed the chickens whose eggs you may find in your welcome hamper. Spacious bedrooms have country views and crisp linen; bathrooms spoil with chocolate soaps and fluffy towels with coloured buttons so you know whose is whose – clever! Roam countryside and coast on two feet, two wheels, four legs (one cottage is dog-friendly); return to a massage or ping-pong in the barn. Relaxing, friendly, quirky, peaceful... a treat.
- Limited mobility
- At least one bedroom & bathroom accessible without steps.
- Children welcome
- Kids of all ages can stay.
- No smoking
- Smoking not permitted anywhere in the property.
- Wireless internet access available.
- Public transport
- Within 10 miles of a bus/train station.
- Bikes available
- On the premises to hire or borrow.
Open fire / woodburner
Cooked meals available
Shop within 3 miles
Little gems of local knowledge from Felicity Hindley:
- Welcome pack with selection from fresh flowers, coffee, tea, wine, local homemade cake, rolls, butter, North Farm eggs, local bacon, Norfolk cheese and homemade chutney.
- Lovely walks and cycle rides from the farm as well as fishing and birdwatching onsite.
- Beautiful market town of Aylsham nearby with many independent shops as well as a twice monthly farmers market.
- North Norfolk Coast and Norfolk Broads only a short drive away.
- Many historic buildings and picturesque gardens to visit locally.
- Bikes can be hired through Broadland Cycle Hire by arrangement and delivered to the property.
Have you visited North Farm Cottages?Tell us your thoughts.
- 2 Cottages for 4
Short breaks available (except summer holidays) at 70% weekly rate.
Burgh, Norwich, Norfolk