Chain Bridge House
Horncliffe, Berwick-upon-Tweed, TD15 2XT,
England, United Kingdom
Overlooking an idyllic stretch of the river Tweed is the last house in England – Scotland is 100 yards away across the magnificent Union Chain Bridge. In the sitting room: a log fire and books galore. In the bedrooms: goose down duvets and a fresh, airy feel. Livvy, a professional cook, is an active supporter of the Slow Food movement and local producers. Visit the neighbouring honey farm, glorious Bamburgh, Holy Island, the Farnes, or the unspoilt borders beyond: return to a revolving summerhouse in the garden for tea. Children and dogs get a generous welcome in this delightful family home.
- No smoking
- Smoking not permitted anywhere in the property.
- Wireless internet access available.
- Pets welcome
- Pets allowed in bedrooms (not on the bed).
- Owner has pets
- Animals living on the property.
- Vegetarian meals
- Available on request.
Little gems of local knowledge from Livvy Cawthorn:
- Visit Alnwick Castle and the award winning Alnwick Gardens, home of Harry Potter's Hogwarts.
- Close to Holy Island, home of the Lindisfarne Gospels.
- Within one hour of Edinburgh and Newcastle.
- Chain Bridge is on the Sustrans and NCR1 68 cycle routes as well as The Tweed Cycle Way.
- Near to the Scottish Borders towns of Kelso, Coldstream and Melrose.
- An abundance of food, music and book festivals throughout the year, within easy reach.
Have you visited Chain Bridge House?Tell us your thoughts.
- 1 Double
- 1 Twin
Children over two welcome.
Horncliffe, Berwick-upon-Tweed, TD15 2XT, Northumberland