Chain Bridge House
Horncliffe, Berwick-upon-Tweed, TD15 2XT,
England, United Kingdom
Overlooking an idyllic stretch of the river Tweed is the last house in England – Scotland is 100 yards away across the magnificent Union Chain Bridge. In the sitting room: a log fire and books galore. In the bedrooms: goose down duvets and a fresh, airy feel. Livvy, a professional cook, is an active supporter of the Slow Food movement and local producers. Visit the neighbouring honey farm, glorious Bamburgh, Holy Island, the Farnes, or the unspoilt borders beyond: return to a revolving summerhouse in the garden for tea. Children and dogs get a generous welcome in this delightful family home.
- Wheelchair access
- At least one bedroom & bathroom accessible.
- Limited mobility
- At least one bedroom & bathroom accessible without steps.
- Children welcome
- Kids of all ages can stay.
- No smoking
- Smoking not permitted anywhere in the property.
- Credit cards
- Credit or debit card payment accepted.
- English spoken
- Host speaks English, whether perfectly or not.
- Air conditioning
- Some, if not all, bedrooms are air-conditioned.
- Wireless internet access available.
- Pets welcome
- Pets allowed in bedrooms (not on the bed).
- Public transport
- Within 10 miles of a bus/train station.
- Working farm
- Or vineyard.
- Owner has pets
- Animals living on the property.
- Swimming pool
- On the premises.
- Bikes available
- On the premises to hire or borrow.
- Tennis court
- On the premises.
- Vegetarian meals
- Available on request.
- Licensed premises
- Alcohol may be served.
- Cash only
- Credit or debit card payment not accepted.
- Dogs welcome
- Dogs welcome in some public rooms.
- Handpumped ales
- Pub serves four or more handpumped ales.
- Wine list
- Pub serves eight or more wines by the glass.
- Food all day
- Food is served all day long.
- Babies welcome
- Cot may be provided.
Local points of interest from
- Visit Alnwick Castle and the award winning Alnwick Gardens, home of Harry Potter's Hogwarts.
- Close to Holy Island, home of the Lindisfarne Gospels.
- Within one hour of Edinburgh and Newcastle.
- Chain Bridge is on the Sustrans and NCR1 68 cycle routes as well as The Tweed Cycle Way.
- Near to the Scottish Borders towns of Kelso, Coldstream and Melrose.
- An abundance of food, music and book festivals throughout the year, within easy reach.
Have you visited Chain Bridge House?Tell us your thoughts.
- 1 Double
- 1 Twin
Special Offer: Chain Bridge House - Free bunch of rhubarb when you leave us!
Children over two welcome.
Horncliffe, Berwick-upon-Tweed, TD15 2XT, Northumberland