England, United Kingdom
Such a pretty spot. Along country roads and down a track to find a 200-year-old cottage, standing alongside the owners' house, with its own charming garden with espaliered apple trees. All is sleek and spruce inside: an open-plan living area soft with duck-egg blue walls, colourful rugs, large sofas, ample cushions and cosy wood-burner, and a kitchen off it, ideal for cooks. There are cream Shaker-style units, a big family table topped with fresh flowers and welcome biscuits or cake, a smartly tiled floor and immaculate white china. For those who prefer not to tackle the spiral staircase there's a comfortable twin downstairs with bright curtains and its own gleaming white bathroom. Upstairs' rooms (light and peaceful with an 'under the eaves' twin ideal for children) share a good-sized, well-heated family bathroom. You are near to Corbridge with good local shops, and Hexham for supermarkets. Days out might involve rugged coastal walks, pots of Roman history, or a spot of retail therapy in Newcastle. Just lovely.
- Limited mobility
- At least one bedroom & bathroom accessible without steps.
- Children welcome
- Kids of all ages can stay.
- No smoking
- Smoking not permitted anywhere in the property.
- Wireless internet access available.
- Public transport
- Within 10 miles of a bus/train station.
Open fire / woodburner
Cooked meals available
Shop within 3 miles
Little gems of local knowledge from Helen Stephenson:
- Beamish Museum - the best open air museum in the UK with its tramways and shops
- Hexham - a lovely market town with its Abbey which was founded 1000 years ago. Just 3 miles away
- Great pubs and restaurants both in Corbridge just 5 minutes away and Hexham
- The Roman Wall just a few miles away, one of the greatest Roman landmarks in the UK
- Alnwick Gardens open all year and less than an hour away
Have you visited Peartree Cottage?Tell us your thoughts.
- 1 Cottage for 6
Sandhoe, Hexham, Northumberland