Swinburne, Hexham, NE48 4DG,
England, United Kingdom
A magical setting, three miles from Hadrian’s wall, in a house full of friendship and comfort. Through ancient woodland, up the drive, over the burn and there it is: big, beautiful and Georgian. Interiors are comfortable country-house, full of warmth and charm; bedrooms, carpeted, spacious and delightful, are furnished with antiques, paintings and superb beds; bathrooms have roll top baths. Outside are lovely lawns, a walled garden, wildlife, and breakfasts on the terrace in summer. Katie – who was born in this house – looks after you brilliantly.
- Wheelchair access
- At least one bedroom & bathroom accessible.
- Limited mobility
- At least one bedroom & bathroom accessible without steps.
- Children welcome
- Kids of all ages can stay.
- No smoking
- Smoking not permitted anywhere in the property.
- Credit cards
- Credit or debit card payment accepted.
- English spoken
- Host speaks English, whether perfectly or not.
- Air conditioning
- Some, if not all, bedrooms are air-conditioned.
- Wireless internet access available.
- Pets welcome
- Pets allowed in bedrooms (not on the bed).
- Public transport
- Within 10 miles of a bus/train station.
- Working farm
- Or vineyard.
- Owner has pets
- Animals living on the property.
- Swimming pool
- On the premises.
- Bikes available
- On the premises to hire or borrow.
- Tennis court
- On the premises.
- Vegetarian meals
- Available on request.
- Licensed premises
- Alcohol may be served.
- Cash only
- Credit or debit card payment not accepted.
- Dogs welcome
- Dogs welcome in some public rooms.
- Handpumped ales
- Pub serves four or more handpumped ales.
- Wine list
- Pub serves eight or more wines by the glass.
- Food all day
- Food is served all day long.
- Babies welcome
- Cot may be provided.
Local points of interest from
Simon & Katie Stewart:
- We are five miles from the most interesting sections of the Roman Wall with its forts, museums and wonderful walking with stunning views.
- The Roman Town of Corbridge with its famous bridge over the Tyne, Hexham and its Abbey, both steeped in history. The Roman Town of Corbridge with its famous bridge over the Tyne, Hexham and its Abbey, both steeped in history.
- Alnwick Castle and Garden, Cragside, Wallington Hall, Gibside, Belsay Hall and Castle are all within very easy reach, as are Durham Cathedral, Beamish Museum, and Kielder Water.
- There is an 18 hole golf course at Matfen Hall.
- Newcastle-upon-Tyne has much to offer, shopping, museums, architecture, The Millennium Bridge, Baltic Art Centre, and of course the fantastic Sage Music Centre, designed by Norman Forster.
Have you visited The Hermitage?Tell us your thoughts.
- 1 Double
- 2 Twins
Over sevens & babes in arms welcome.
Swinburne, Hexham, NE48 4DG, Northumberland