Temple Mill Road, Sibford Gower, Banbury, OX15 5RX,
England, United Kingdom
Choose between a gorgeous ground-floor retreat across the courtyard, or a very pretty twin in the 17th-century farmhouse with barns and stables. The guest sitting room is a clever melody of ancient and contemporary styles: Spanish art, antique sofas, velvet cushions. Beds have seriously good mattresses, feather and down pillows and crisp white linen; bathrooms are smart and sparkling – one with a Victorian roll top. Diana is lovely and will pamper you or leave you, there’s a blissful garden to stroll through, breakfast is a feast of fruits and homemade bread and it’s a hop to the village pub. A fun and stylish treat.
- Wheelchair access
- At least one bedroom & bathroom accessible.
- Limited mobility
- At least one bedroom & bathroom accessible without steps.
- Children welcome
- Kids of all ages can stay.
- No smoking
- Smoking not permitted anywhere in the property.
- Credit cards
- Credit or debit card payment accepted.
- English spoken
- Host speaks English, whether perfectly or not.
- Air conditioning
- Some, if not all, bedrooms are air-conditioned.
- Wireless internet access available.
- Pets welcome
- Pets allowed in bedrooms (not on the bed).
- Public transport
- Within 10 miles of a bus/train station.
- Working farm
- Or vineyard.
- Owner has pets
- Animals living on the property.
- Swimming pool
- On the premises.
- Bikes available
- On the premises to hire or borrow.
- Tennis court
- On the premises.
- Vegetarian meals
- Available on request.
- Licensed premises
- Alcohol may be served.
- Cash only
- Credit or debit card payment not accepted.
- Dogs welcome
- Dogs welcome in some public rooms.
- Handpumped ales
- Pub serves four or more handpumped ales.
- Wine list
- Pub serves eight or more wines by the glass.
- Food all day
- Food is served all day long.
- Babies welcome
- Cot may be provided.
Local points of interest from
- All the food is locally sourced; I bake my own bread with flour from a mill near Chipping Norton, I make all my preserves, the eggs are so fresh they are sometimes still warm when I pick them up and my bacon is smoked and cut thick at the smokery nearby
- The sound of birdsong is the only thing that will wake you in the morning. It's supremely peaceful here. The gardens are open to the public on one Sunday in June, but we love our visitors to enjoy them any time during their stay with us.
- We are an unlit village. On a clear night the sight of a firmament of stars is just breathtaking
- We are lucky enough to have a gastro pub 100yds away and Witchford Pottery, 4 miles away where you can watch them throwing huge terra cotta pots or just stroll round their charming gardens
- The surrounding area bristles with National Trust properties and other notable properties such as Blenheim Palace, Compton Verney and all the Shakespeare houses in Stratford on Avon
- Whether you enjoy walking, cycling, swimming or horse riding, you will find something to entertain you here!
Have you visited Buttslade House?Tell us your thoughts.
- 1 Double
- 1 Twin
Temple Mill Road, Sibford Gower, Banbury, OX15 5RX, Oxfordshire