Old Swan & Minster Mill
Old Minster Lovell, Minster Lovell, Witney, OX29 0RN,
England, United Kingdom
Having transformed Babbacombe Beach's Cary Arms into a chic coastal bolthole, owner Lana de Savary has woven her understated magic at this 16th-century beauty, a half-timbered riverside inn of great charm. In the rambling bar and the residents' snug are gnarled beams and timbers, bright kilims and stone floors, and crisp checked armchairs by big beautiful fireplaces – aromatic with logs in winter. In perfect sympathy with the mood, traditional British food is cooked with a modern approach; ingredients are the best and the vegetables are home-grown. Try ham hock terrine, bream with tiger prawn ravioli, rib-eye steak with horseradish mayonnaise, and for pud, old-fashioned Eton mess. Steep twisting stairs lead to very fine bedrooms that combine solid darkwood antiques with every modern comfort – laundered linen and fine down, big beds, cafetières of coffee, decanters of sloe gin, bathrobes in lovely bathrooms. (There are many more rooms in the modern Minster Mill across the road, smaller but overlooking beautiful gardens.) Oxford and Burford are close.
- Wheelchair access
- At least one bedroom & bathroom accessible.
- Limited mobility
- At least one bedroom & bathroom accessible without steps.
- Children welcome
- Kids of all ages can stay.
- No smoking
- Smoking not permitted anywhere in the property.
- Credit cards
- Credit or debit card payment accepted.
- English spoken
- Host speaks English, whether perfectly or not.
- Air conditioning
- Some, if not all, bedrooms are air-conditioned.
- Wireless internet access available.
- Pets welcome
- Pets allowed in bedrooms (not on the bed).
- Public transport
- Within 10 miles of a bus/train station.
- Working farm
- Or vineyard.
- Owner has pets
- Animals living on the property.
- Swimming pool
- On the premises.
- Bikes available
- On the premises to hire or borrow.
- Tennis court
- On the premises.
- Vegetarian meals
- Available on request.
- Licensed premises
- Alcohol may be served.
- Cash only
- Credit or debit card payment not accepted.
- Dogs welcome
- Dogs welcome in some public rooms.
- Handpumped ales
- Pub serves four or more handpumped ales.
- Wine list
- Pub serves eight or more wines by the glass.
- Food all day
- Food is served all day long.
- Babies welcome
- Cot may be provided.
Have you visited Old Swan & Minster Mill?Tell us your thoughts.
- 57 Doubles
- 1 Suite for 2
- 2 Singles
Old Minster Lovell, Minster Lovell, Witney, OX29 0RN, Oxfordshire
Old Swan & Minster Mill is also a Special Place to Eat & Drink